55.| ᴅᴇᴊᴀ ᴠÚ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FIFTY-FIVE.
[55]. Deja Vú.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ʜᴇʀ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɪ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ
ʜᴇʀ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

TWO DAYS HAVE PASSED and within those two days, Wanda was nowhere to be found. Ross already had all his men looking for her which worried James. If he didn't get to Wanda on time, who knows what Ross would do to her. But aside from worrying Wanda, the entire team had been worrying for James who still hasn't healed. His hand was still completely wounded from the burn along with his broken wrist.

The entire team tried getting him to focus on healing but all he could do was focus on what has been happening the last few days. He was currently sitting outside on the porch, reading through the most recent news articles hoping something weird would pop up which would lead him to Wanda.

"James we need a—" Yelena pauses once her hands land on James's hand which was no longer covered with a glove.

James realizes what she was staring at, he rubs his hand sighing. The pain was unbearable but he wouldn't admit that.

"Are you okay? Why haven't you healed yet?"

"I'm fine."

"uh, that doesn't look fine..." Yelena scoffs. "Why aren't you allowing yourself to heal, James?"

The man groans in frustration. "Would you all quit asking me that!? I don't know!"

Yelena eyes him down, she scoffs, clearly not buying his shit. "I don't believe you, you know why? Because you're clouding your mind with Wanda and not allowing yourself to heal. You need to accept the fact that she's gone, James."

"She's not gone. I can still save her." James looks down, sighing. "I can't just give up on her."

Yelena shakes her head. "You aren't giving up on her. James, she made her choice. She tricked you, tricked us all. We need that book, James. She didn't only hurt you, okay? Think about your kids-"

James clenches his jaw. "They're all I'm thinking about. Wanda is out there being manipulated by this dark magic. I will not rest until I'm certain that my family is safe and back together. "

Yelena frowns. "I'm right by your side. I want you and your kids to be happy with Wanda, I do. And I know you don't want to hear this, but it's been two days of us just doing nothing. We need to prepare."

"I'm not fighting her again."

"James, Wanda is a wanted woman. All of the government is looking for her." Yelena says as she hands him a sign that had Wanda's face on it along with the word 'Wanted' printed largely on it. "And it's only a matter of time until Wanda or Ross find one another. And when they do, things will get messy."