21.| ꜱᴏʀʀʏ ꜰᴏʀ ʏᴏᴜʀ ʟᴏꜱꜱ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE.
[21]. Sorry For Your Loss.
[PART TWO]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀʏ ɪᴛ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴏꜰꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ʙᴇᴄᴀᴜꜱᴇ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴀʏ ɪᴛ, ɪᴛ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ
ꜰꜰɪᴄɪᴀʟ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

I JUST DON'T GET IT... how could mom not stick up for her own husband? How would she let a 17-year-old boy speak down on our family's name? I mean, we're the Rogers family. The school doesn't even know half of what the hell happened in our life. How could they judge dad— the man who did everything he could to keep everyone safe— even when he was parasite crazy! It angered me. And I could just— I could just—

"Woah, there. What's wrong?" Katherine Bishop says. The last person I want to see today.

I have no problem with her, but whenever I was around her I'd just make a total fool out of myself and I'm in no mood to stutter.

I give Kate a confused look. "What? What are you even talking about?"

"Your eyes... they're yellow," Kate says.

"What?"

Just as she said— they in fact had been glowing. I didn't even realize I was that angry to the point where crazy me was about to show.

Truth be told... I scared myself something. But that's a conversation for another day in this diary I keep stored in my head.

Finally coming back to reality, I look up at Kate and sigh. "I'm fine. Just- just a little annoyed. But it's okay."

"It's clearly not okay. What happened?"

How could you not fall for her?

Knowing I wouldn't be able to walk away without telling her what was on my mind— I take a seat on the ground in front of my lockers. Kate does the same. She looks right at me and we lock eyes for what seemed like forever.

What's happening to me?

"Xavier Thompson decided to make some comment about dad."

Kate's brows narrow at me. "Since when was that new? Xavier always had a problem with the Rogers family."

She was right. Xavier always spoke about dad. And once again if he hated dad so much— why the hell is he in a school with his name on it?

"Mom was there too. And she just let him talk his shit about dad like— like she believed him." I stutter out. "And when I accused her of believing him she didn't deny it. Like mom is just as bad! She- god she trapped people against their will in a hex! She- she killed and burned people alive in Lagos! The freaking Accords were made because of her and— I just don't get why she couldn't stand by Dad's side when he would've stood by hers! He found against grandpa for her! And! Ugh." I bury my head in my arms that had been on top of my knees. "I miss him, Kate."