51.| 2023 [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE.
[51]. 2023.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴏꜰ ᴀʟʟ, ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ, ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛ ᴍᴇ
ʙᴀᴄᴋ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

AFTER MEETING WITH STRANGE, James got home pretty late that night— well morning now. It was about 8 in the morning, James had just now gotten home. He walks into the compound where he met up with Tony and the others, he looks around to see that Peter wasn't there. He kisses both his sons on the head as he looks around.

James brows furrow, he grabs a plate of food and he takes a seat. "Where's the kid?"

Wanda slightly shrugs. "Not sure." she takes a seat in front of him. "So, how was the mission?"

With a spoon in his mouth, James looks up, very confused.

Wanda narrows her eyes. "The mission in Connecticut that Tony sent you on? I mean, that's the reason you came back late, right?"

James hums. "Ooh. Right. It was weird, I saw an old friend. We caught up, he gave me some useful info."

"What did you find?"

James glances at Tony who shakes his head. "Just some more information about the serum and uh, that's it." he then changes the subject. "Anyway, who made this?"

Set out through the counter were pancakes, eggs, biscuits, and meats.

Thor takes a seat beside them. "Your wife," he says with food in his mom.

James cringes. "Okay- uh, close your mouth. And no offense, Wanda, but when did you start cooking?" he laughs.

Wanda scoffs, smiling. "I'll have you know that over the years of you being gone, I picked up on cooking classes. I figured that once I got you back I'd have to be the one doing the cooking seen as you only know how to prepare cereal."

"First of all, I'm just going to ignore that comment, because cereal is amazing." James huffs. "Second of all, you got me back? I thought it was the kids."

Realizing what she said, she shakes her head, she then changes the subject. "Anyway, I also got a cooking book. It was pretty useful."

"Hmm. Speaking of books... I wanted to bring up the fact that the dark hold went missing." James says, he feels the tension building. "And you know, I saw you had it the night I came back. Wh- when did you ever take it?"