53.| ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜʟ ꜰᴏʀ ᴀ ꜱᴏᴜʟ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER FIFTY-THREE.
   [52]. A soul for a soul.
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛʜɪꜱ

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ'ᴛ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟʟʏ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ꜱʜᴇ ᴅɪᴅ
ᴛʜɪꜱ. ❞
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

JAMES HAD NO CLUE as to what to do about Wanda. For the love of god they just got married. He wanted to trust her, but look what she did to Peter. Wanda started a war between Kate and Peter. There was no coming back from that, at least not anytime soon. And he sure as hell couldn't bring it up to Wanda now. Not after they don't know the entire full story.

"Oh, you're back."

The entire team turns around to see Wanda walking into the room. They had still been talking about what James found in Peter's mind.

"You didn't tell me you left on a mission."

James slightly shrugs. "Sorry... it was pretty last minute."

"Just like the one yesterday? And the day before that?"

"I don't really know what you want me to say, Wanda."

The entire group watches in silence, afraid that one of them would snap.

Yelena awkwardly clears her throat. "Just saying... we are all still here. So why don't you take it upstairs?"

Tony nods in agreement. "Yeah, and away from all the expensive plates."

James shakes his head. He feels his phone vibrate, he takes it out of his pocket. It was from Peter. And apparently, a good night's rest got him his memories back. Knowing he couldn't get the entire team to go with him since it would look suspicious, James looks at Yelena.

"I'm sorry but I- uh, I've got some information a mission report, Yelena, help?" James doesn't bother looking at Wanda.

Yelena glances around, confused as to why he chose her out of everyone in the room. Why he chose an outsider when there's a room full of Avengers. But she doesn't question him aloud, she just follows the man upstairs.

"What is it?" Yelena questions, they had both now been walking side by side.

James holds up his phone showing her the message that Peter had sent him. "Looks like we've got an answer to our billion-dollar question."

Yelena takes a look at the phone, a small smile grew on her face. They both share a look before walking into Peter's room where he had paper scattered on the floor along with written on pages of notebooks that had been webbed to the wall.