35.| ɪ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE.
[35]. I Love You.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ɴᴏᴡ ɢᴏ ꜰʀᴇꜱʜᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɢɪʀʟ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ɴᴏᴡ ɢᴏ ꜰʀᴇꜱʜᴇɴ ᴜᴘ ᴀɴᴅ ꜰɪɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜʀ
ɢɪʀʟ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

THE PAST WEEK WAS nothing but a complete mess. Kate and I were still on bad terms. The group and Kate also had a very bad argument as well about the whole MJ and Kate situation that no one knows about yet. Over the past few days, i've stuck by my promise and i've been spending every second with the boys.

And if it wasn't just me and the boys: then it was Me, dad, mom, and the boys. We'd have movie nights and sitcom marathons. We spent time together as a family.

And let me tell you... It was needed.

My new coping mechanism to blowing off steam because training with dad. He thought it would be a good idea for me and the boys to train with him and not to rely on just our powers.

But of course, like I said... I was pissed. So from time to time, I was pretty moody. And today just happened to be one of those days.

Dad and I are in our workout clothes in the training room, where we're working on our stick fighting skills. Dad's, been pretty quiet but I could tell he wanted to know what was wrong with me.

"Fine, since you won't say it, I'll say it. Kate and I are arguing." I huff.

Rather quickly, dad ducks to avoid my strike and spins so now we're facing each other from the opposite directions. I, rest my sticks against my shoulders when not in use, and shrug nonchalantly before the fight resumes. "She was making out with some random girl in the halls— she's been doing it all week. She's lucky I don't burn that little plaything of hers alive."

Dad gives me a look as he blocks my strikes with his sticks. "Yeah, but what is it you two are fighting about?"

Me, focusing more on blocking his strikes than the conversation, grunts from exertion. "I didn't think you'd care enough to ask questions." I side-kick at dad, aiming for his stomach, only for him to block me with his sticks. I bounce on the balls of my feet as I prepare for the next round. "Things between her and I are... complicated. Back in Madripoor... we kissed and came to a conclusion that we both have feelings for each other. Then she brought it up the next day— I used the "I was drunk" excuse and then she claimed I said it was a mistake so since then things have been pretty bad."

"Why don't you talk to her?" Dad tries to catch me off-guard by swinging his left hand toward my head, only for me to pinch his stick between me and shove it away from her. We then launch into a fury of strikes against the other, each of them preventing the other from getting a hit in. "I could practically feel the tension in class with you both. Fix things with her, honey, before it's too late. 'Cause, you'd both be good for one another."

I sigh. "Yeah... she told me the same thing. But it's not that easy. We haven't talked in almost a week, I wouldn't even know what to say or how to start off the conversation." dad tries to side-strike me, but I do a front-flip to dodge it, causing us to swap positions once again. "I really like her... a-and I've never felt this way before. But we're both stubborn so it's hard."

"I think you know exactly what you want to say to her. You're just scared."

Dad continues to throw punches. I deflect his strikes with such speed that I was able to outwit him, spinning him around so I can wedge his neck between the two sticks, defeating him, much to his embarrassment. "Even if I say it what if it changes things? I mean she and Peter hate each other's guts. How are we supposed to be the Young Avengers when the team can't even get along."

"You guys can figure that out. You just don't believe in yourselves enough." Dad winces and groans in discomfort as I let go of him, us both returning to our positions. "If you care for that friendship as much as you claim you do... then you three will fix whatever is going on. But before you do, you gotta figure out what's going on with you and Bishop."

"I'm scared."

Dad sighs, he drops the sticks, walks up to me, and pulls me into his arms as he rubs my back. "I know. I know this is new for you... but you've got this. Now go freshen up and find your girl."

I nod, just as I was about to walk out I stop in the doorway. "If you wanted to know what happened so badly... why didn't you come up and ask me? Or ask anyone else on the team?"

"You may be my daughter, but I respect you and your privacy enough to not get involved unless I'm needed." Dad simply responds, shrugging. "Plus I was worried you'd end up having to pick between the two and I wouldn't be able to help you with that since they're family."

I nod understandingly. "Thanks, dad."

"Of course."

With that, I walk out of the room and go upstairs to my room. I jumped into the shower and once I was done, I changed into my clothes quickly: ready to make my way to Kate's home. The only reason why I was so sure that she had been home was because it was a Saturday afternoon and she checks up on everyone in her house around this time.

Just as I was about to step foot out the door my phone vibrates.

THE ROGERS

Billy: Tasha bring me chips

Tommy: ooh me too!

I roll my eyes.

Me: I'm not going to the store, going out to Kate's

Billy: your girlfriend?

Oh god...

Me: she's not my girlfriend asshole

Mom: Do not curse at your brother, Natty.

Me: sorry.. but I'm about to start the car, I can't text so bye.

Tommy: chips!

Billy: please please, please

Me: fine, whatever, see you later

Dad: Stay safe, be careful, we love you.

I smile widely while reading the text.

Me: love you too

Okay, now it was time to think about what the hell I was going to say to Kate once I arrive. For all I know, she might not even be there. Or she won't even see me. Or even worse she'll probably think I'm so creepy stalker since I practically know her weekend family schedule.

I sigh, starting the car. I put my seatbelt on and get ready for the long and stressful car drive.

God, I hope everything goes well because I don't want to walk out of that house even madder than I was when I walk in.

But I mean... what could possibly go wrong? Oh I know, Kate's plaything could be there. If I walk in on them kissing I'm throwing her right out of the window— oh god I sound like some creepy, psycho stalker— which I definitely am not by the way.

All I could do now was drive and pray everything goes right between us later.