49.| ᴍᴀʀʀɪᴇᴅ ʙʏ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴᴇ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER FORTY-NINE.
[49]. Married By The Rune.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ʏᴏᴜ ʟᴏᴏᴋ ʟɪᴋᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄᴀᴍᴇ ʙᴀᴄᴋ
ᴛᴏ ʟɪꜰᴇ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

GUESS WHAT TODAY IS bitches!? The fucking wedding day. Mid-July. It's been exactly one month since Yelena was introduced to us all, and since then we've gotten close. We've also been planning the wedding and grabbing the decorations. Mom was out with grandma Nat, Pepper, Laura, and Yelena dress shopping. I was going to join, but something told me that dad was going to need a damn pep talk.

So, I was with half the team setting up the venue. Everything was set up perfectly. The boys— Jace, Tommy, Peter, and Billy— were out buying tuxes. Me, Jess, and Kate already had our dresses. Which was also why we were the ones setting up.

"You think Mama R is going to go through with this wedding?" Jess questions as she places plates down at each of the tables.

I make a face while hanging up the lights on the ceiling with Kate. "Now why the hell would you ask that?"

Jess shrugs. "What? I'm just saying. It's not like your family has a great history with marriages. When was the last time someone got married?"

Kate snorts. "I doubt Wanda will be a runaway bride. But James on the other hand..." she takes a dramatic pause. "He looks like he's about to throw up."

We all stop what we're doing and then to the side where we see Dad in the other room, pacing back and forth. Yeah, he was really pale. I sigh before stepping off the step-stool.

"I should probably go talk to him..."

Kate narrows her eyes. "Yeah, you think?"

"Shut up." I laugh before walking away.

I walk over to the room next door where Dad had been. I knock on the door to grab his attention, he looks up at me and gives me a small, yet warm smile.

"You okay?" I question, walking towards him right before I take a seat on the counter. "You look like you died and came back to life—" I pause. "Act like I didn't say that."