22.| ᴅᴀʏ 1; ᴏᴘᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ ꜰʟᴀꜱʜ ᴅʀɪᴠᴇ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO.
   [22]. Day 1; Operation Flash Drive.
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ'ꜱ ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ꜱᴘᴇʟʟ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʜᴏᴡ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴇʟʟ ᴅɪᴅ ᴛʜᴇʏ ɢᴇᴛ ᴘᴀꜱᴛ ᴛʜᴇ
ꜱᴄʜᴏᴏʟ' ᴘʀᴏᴛᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ꜱᴘᴇʟʟ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

IT WAS OFFICIAL DAY 1 of operation bring dad back. We were all unsure where the hell to start or what to even do. But after what I saw on the flash drive... all I know is that we aren't the only ones who want dad. And what confused me more was why mom even had the flash drive in the first place. Was it hers? Does she want dad dead too? There were so many questions I had.

"So, what's the plan today?" Peter questions as he walks into the classroom.

As of right now, I had Peter, Kate, Jace, and Jessica gathered in one class. They were the only people I trusted in the school. And the only people I know who wouldn't do anything to keep me from bringing my dad back.

"So I found this." I take the flash drive out of my pocket and show the group. "It was in my mom's coat."

Jace crosses his arms over his chest. "And what's inside of it?"

I clear my throat, now knowing how to put what I saw into words. "There's um... there's a ton of files in this download. A few that I opened up— they were photos."

"Of...?" Kate questions.

Jessica scrunches you her nose. "Girl, did you find your parent's sex tape or something?"

"What? No! Ew!" I instantly say in disgust. "Ugh, why would you force that image into my head."

Jessica snorts. "So what is it? I'm getting very impatient of this teasing."

"It was a conversation between my dad and some unknown person," I explain. "It was basically a bunch of threats towards me and my family. Remember back in 2023 when dad was injected with the parasite serum?"

The group nods.

"Well, apparently it was more than just some evil serum." I sigh. "It was like an upgraded super-soldier serum that had only been made once. And the only way to create more is with dad's blood..."

Kate's eyes narrow. "So you think this mysterious person has your dad?"

"I think they have something to do with the fact that he's gone."

Peter nods. "Yeah but— it's been almost a month since James has been gone. I feel like if that were the case... we would've at least had some other clue as to where is. Was that all you found?"