38.| ᴀɴᴅ ꜱᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ꜰɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴄᴏᴍᴇꜱ ᴏᴜᴛ [2]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT.
[38]. And So the Truth Finally Comes Out.
[PART TWO]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝ ꜱᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴏꜰ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ꜱᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅɪᴅ ᴀʟʟ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ᴊᴜꜱᴛ ᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴛ
ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴀᴛ ᴍᴇ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

KATE STILL SEEMED A little bit taken back by Peter's confession. Truth be told, I think everyone is pretty shocked. But if you think about it... it makes a lot of sense. It's just not what we expected. Like at all.

"Why didn't you tell me this?" Kate finally speaks up, her face full of confusion and shock.

Peter faces her with knitted brows. "Are you serious? I hinted at it so much. But you were just too busy falling in love with MJ."

"I never liked MJ, she was just there for me."

"No one believes that," Peter replies, he looks at the group. "When you all first came into the school, who was with MJ the most?"

"MJ." The twins both say in unison.

They all look at me.

I shrug. "I was stuck in another alternate dimension so..."

Kate snorts. "Okay whatever... maybe I was with MJ a lot. But I still made time for y'all."

"Barely."

Flashback

2017- Peter's apartment/ his Pov

It was a Thursday night, it was a school night. Kate and I just finished watching Star Wars. So now we were just laying on our backs in the silence.

But it was too silent so of course, I had to break it.

"So, homecoming is coming up," I say, still laying beside Kate who was looking up at the ceiling.

Kate smiles. "I know... god I can't believe we're finally sophomores."

A small smile grows on my face, time really did go by quickly. "Right. It's crazy." I take in a deep breath. Come on Peter... you could do this. "So I was thinking that we could go to the dance together?"

"Like with the twins...?" Kate questions.

Come on Kate, you know that's not what I meant at all.

I sit up, shaking my head. I was facing her but her eyes were still looking up. "No, like together, y'know. Like you could be my date?"

Now Kate sits up, brows furrowed. "P-Peter... I was going with MJ—"

Of course, she was.

"—but you could tag along if you want." Kate continues, she was sending me a smile, I could tell she felt bad. "I'm sorry—"

"Don't be. I'll just go with the Jess." I interrupt, I had to force a smile so she didn't feel any type of remorse for me. "Maybe next time..."

Kate nods. "Yeah... maybe next time."

End of flashback

"Yeah, you've got to very oblivious," I tell Kate, slightly laughing. "That's like so obvious that he liked you."

Kate rolls her eyes. "Okay... maybe I am a little... uh slow when it comes to other people's feelings—but! I didn't end up going with MJ after that. I went with Ashley."

"Oh yes, how could we forget about Ashley." Peter sighs. "You still never made time for any of us."

Kate doesn't say anything. But she looks at me and I could tell that she was starting to feel bad.

"But this doesn't answer why you two hate each other." Jace saves the day. "Yeah, so Peter liked Kate and Kate clearly didn't like him. Yeah, you two basically sent each other's lovers away—"

"Wait wait wait." I interrupt now processing all the information. "If Kate and MJ were so close before you two were—" I look at Peter. "Then why'd you become friends with MJ?"

Peter sighs. "That's what I was telling you guys before. I only did it to get Kate mad. Once MJ and I started hanging out more as she had with Kate then Kate would start to understand what we all went through. Kate's world revolves around MJ. I never liked MJ— I mean maybe I did at the start but I grew out of it."

"So you did all of that just to get back at me?" Kate says in disbelief.

Peter nods. "I did. And I'll admit it was a dick move but once you saw us getting closer you told her I was a monster."

"Because you sent Ashley to me when dad and James were at war!" Kate exclaims, she stands to her feet. "I watched her die in my arms because she got caught in the crossfire."

Peter's brows furrowed.

Oh, that didn't mean anything good.

"I never sent Ashley to you. I never even talked to her once in my life." Peter says he stands to his feet as well. "Why would I do that?"

Kate scoffs. "Yes you did, Peter. When I asked her that night... she told me it was you."

Now that was confusing. I stand as well, there was only one thing to do. Enter their thoughts... their memories. I walk over to Kate and press my fingers on either side of her face. I then press my fingers from my unoccupied hand onto either side of Peter's face as well.

With that, I share the memories from that night with each other. And just as she said, it was two different things. Peter never talked to Ashley. Not even once in his entire life. But Ashley did tell Kate that Peter was the one who sent her there.

Once I was done getting the information out of their minds I pull away. The twins look at us wondering what the hell just happened. And what the hell did I just do.

I turn to face the twins, slightly shocked. "Peter wasn't lying... he never talked to Ashley. He didn't even know that there was a war going on at the time between the two families."

With furrowed brows, Jace looks at Kate. "Why would Ashley lie about something like that?"

"More importantly why would she say that knowing that would ruin their friendship?" Jessica scoffs, just as mad as the rest of us.

The attention was on Kate. But even Kate didn't know why. She looked like she had been betrayed. She looks like she felt betrayed. But I don't blame her. Both her and Peter have hated each other's guts for the past decade.

Now that I think about it. It's kind of weird how we're all in our 20's and arguing over something so stupid like this. But that's just life.

Kate shrugs. "I don't know. I mean she never liked my friendship with Peter. So I could only assume that could be the main reason." she looks at Peter, sighing. "I'm sorry."

Peter slightly nods, he smiles. "I'm sorry too."

"Awe! Group hug!" Jace shouts before he jumps off the sofa and pushes the five of us into a hug.

We all share a laugh while we hugged.

It was sure as hell good to have the whole group back to normal.