28.| ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴏᴏᴅ, ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇɴ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ'ꜱ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴏᴍᴀɴᴏꜰꜰ'ꜱ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
    .CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT.
   [28]. The Good, The Bad, and Then There's the Romanoff's.
   [PART ONE]
   ━━━━━━━━━━━━

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━❝  ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴀʀᴇɴ'ᴛ ʏᴏᴜ? ❞┗━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━┛

  ━━━━━━━━━━━━
  ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ɴᴏᴛ ɢᴏɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ
ᴀʀᴇɴ' ʏᴏᴜ?
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

MOM STAYED BY HER word and took me back to the hotel while she, Tony, and Natasha worked on trying to get the DNA to process quicker. I was sitting on the bed all alone in the room. The others had been out eating dinner. I wasn't hungry... I felt too sick to even do shit, to be honest.

The door unlocks, through it walks Kate. I had only known because she's the only person who had the room key. I kept my eyes on the ceilings, not bothering to look at her. I feel a weight on the bed beside me.

"How are you feeling?" Kate whispers.

"Like I deserve to rot in hell."

"You've always been dramatic." Kate sighs, she props herself up on her elbow so now she facing me. "It's not your fault, Nat."

"Yeah? then why does it feel like it?" I scoff. "I'm the one who blasted him off of Peter— I could've killed him and I didn't. But before that— I killed a dozen other people. A-and I just had to panic."

"It's because you've got a heart, nothing is wrong with that," Kate replies. "A-and we've all killed before."

I scoff. "Who have you killed?"

Kate stays silent.

I glance at her as if looking at her made me remember everything that happened when I went back in time. I also remember her. "What happened to Ashley, Kate?"

Kate seemed taken off guard by my question. "How do you know about Ashley?"

"Oh uh— when I went back in time you happened to have been dating her." I softly reply. "You— you looked in love."

"I was." Kate exhales deeply. "Ashley and I met when we were kids. A classic enemies-to-lover story. She was there for me when I discovered some things about my... family. I grew to love her— everyone loved her really. She was amazing. Capable of seeing the good in the most evilest souls. She had a good heart, a good mind, and a good soul. Some took advantage of that— she got mixed up in my family's drama, she was on the wrong side of town... I thought she was one of them..."

"One of who?"

"Some random group my dad had an alliance with. I didn't want anything to do with his drama." Kate tells me. "He didn't like that. He gave me the whole family has each other's back and that I was just a disgrace. So I left, I stayed with James and he helped me train. The day came where dad had enough, he thought I was replacing him with James. He was angry and jealous. So he came after the Rogers family with full force. Peter not knowing what was going on allowed Ashley into the house..into the fight... later she got caught in the crossfire, I shot an arrow right through her heart." a tear fell from her eye as she spoke. "I killed her."