16.| ᴅᴇᴀᴅ ᴅᴏᴇꜱɴ'ᴛ ᴍᴇᴀɴ ɢᴏɴᴇ [1]

┏━━━━━ ━━━━━
.CHAPTER SIXTEEN.
[16]. Dead Doesn't Mean Gone.
[PART ONE]
━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━
ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴛᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ɪᴛ' ɴᴏᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ᴛʜᴇ
ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ.
┗━━━━━ ━━━━━┛

HANDLING THE DEATH OF James was something Wanda hid from the world. Everyone thought she was fine— but she wasn't. It hurt her knowing that she would never see her soulmate again. That she would never hear his voice— that the kids never got to say goodbye. But she also knew that bringing him back came with a huge sacrifice that he would've been angry with if Wanda had gone through with it.

"I don't want to sleep." Billy frowns, looking over at his mother.

Wanda sighs. "It's past your bedtime. And remember we've got to be up early for tomorrow."

Billy doesn't say a word, he just fiddles with his fingers. Wanda knew there was something wrong with him. Billy had the same look on his face that James use to have whenever he thought about Steve or Natasha.

"What's wrong Billy?"

"I want dad to come back."

Wanda was taken off guard by his response, she slightly frowns.

"I don't want him to be gone. I-I want him back." The boy proceeded. "I want him here with us."

"Billy, James fought very hard for a very long time... he and your uncle saved the world." Wanda softly clarifies. "Don't you think he deserves to rest now?"

A tear fell from Billy's eyes. "But we don't know if he's dead yet... w-we haven't seen a body. It's not fair that Uncle Bucky survived and not dad."

"Go to sleep, Billy. We can talk in the morning." The woman whispers, not knowing what to say.

The child closes his eyes. Wanda kisses him on the head and kissed Tommy who had already been asleep. With that, she walks out of the room. Once she walked out of the room and shut the door she broke down onto the floor in tears. The woman walks to her room still sobbing and lies there in bed in tears.

She hears footsteps reaching her door and doesn't bother to look up. Wanda was in pain.

"Well, this room is a mess." A voice announces.