I Know You Know

The rest of the day was definitely a lot more comfortable than the prior one. Partially because he was able to know where he stood a bit more with the other Hyungs, and he felt as though he was on more stable footing. It was not something that he had managed to feel the day before, but then again, there had been so much that he been going on, he supposed that was merely to be expected. He had to deal with the briefing, the testing, and then on top of that there was the rooming with them, and there was just...so much to deal with all at once. 

Now though, now that he knew they they wanted him to call them Hyung, just like Taehyungie had said to him before, he realized that they did not hate him, that he had not destroyed any potential ability to be allowed to form an alliance of sorts with them. He had been anxious, yesterday so much had happened and he was almost sure that they hated him. Them letting him call them hyung, that really comforted him in a way that he supposed he had not expected such a simple thing to calm him so much. 

He supposed it was to be expected. He had always wanted to be in a situation where he knew where he stood with everyone, uncertainty did not do him well. He hated it. It was always something that unnerved him more than anything else. Not knowing where he stood, it was dangerous, because he could cross lines that he did not previously know about, which was always risky. He knew that, and it was something that he much preferred to avoid. Unnecessary risks were dangerous. 

Yet, now, with  them telling him to call them Hyung, there were some differences. They were a bit...softer with him. he supposed that probably had something to do with Taehyung and Jimin. They had probably talked to the other Hyungs...although he supposed he suspected Taehyung more so than Jimin, but he would not really be surprised if it had been both of them together. He knew that Taehyung had been trying to convince him that the other hyungs did not hate him, for which he was incredibly grateful, but he had always been a bit...nervous about such things. He jumped to conclusions a bit more than he supposed that he should. 

As for Taehyung, Jungkook felt a very strong connection to him. He was not really sure...why it was, perhaps it had something to do with the fact that the other had comforted him when he had woken up from a nightmare. Perhaps it had to do with the fact that he was practically the only one who cared enough to comfort him, and did not try to push him further, which was something that he was incredibly grateful, but in the end, he was just more comfortable with Taehyung, whatever the reason may be. With Jimin...Jungkook was not necessarily sure, he did not really have much interactions with him, perhaps it was because Taehyung was so close to him. He knew that he should be more careful getting close to the two, but for some reason he just could not seem to help it.

"Taehyungie," Jungkook muttered, dragging the other boy a bit further from the rest of the group, where they were gathered around the living area. Taehyung went willingly, giving the other hyungs a reassuring smile. Jungkook stood a bit nervous. 

"Kookie?" Taehyung muttered softly, moving closer to him. Jungkook backed away on reflex, before giving the other a small smile. 

"I just..." He took a deep breath. Calm and just say it. Just say it. "Thank you," He whispered softly. Taehyung stared a bit confused. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I know you talked to them." Jungkook said simply. Staring at him straight in the eyes this time, not hesitating. Taehyung laughed a bit trying to deny it but Jungkook shook his head. "Don't be like that. I already know. I am not stupid. You, and probably Jimin too. I know you guys...I know you guys know." He said softly, staring down at the floor. 

Taehyung turned serious. He breathed deeply. 

"Stay here a moment," He said softly, and Jungkook stiffened but nodded once, as Taehyung moved into the living room and grabbed Jimin. They said a few things to the others, and it took a few minutes but in the end Jimin came back with Taehyung. 

"Come with us," Taehyung ordered, grabbing Jungkook's wrist, ignoring the pang he felt as Jungkook flinched away but followed without complaint. Taehyung pulled them into the back room. Jungkook was set on the bed, and the two of them moved to the bunk opposite to him. 

"So..." Jungkook said, suddenly a bit nervous. Not really sure what to say, having lost the previous confidence that he had somehow grasped onto. 

"We won't say anything." Taehyung said simply. Jimin glanced at him a bit confused but with a swift look and a seemingly telepathic connection he suddenly gasped, realization flooding over him.

"Jungkookie," Jimin said softly, turning his gaze onto the younger with a gentle smile. His eyes showed no condemnation, only compassion and understanding. "We are not going to say anything unless you want us to." He was dead serious, and Jungkook knew that, but he could not help but be a bit nervous, twitching slightly. 

"Look," Taehyung intervened. "No matter what happened in your past you are here now, and we are not going to judge you for anything that you may or may not have done in your past, or no matter what may or may not have happened, or where you may or may not have gone. We do not care about that. What matters is now. Jimin and I, we are not going to judge you for your past. What is important is the present." Jungkook nodded gratefully. 

"THe other hyungs are not going to stop trying to figure it out though." Jimin said gently. Which, jungkook knew that, and he could figure out what to deal with that later. 

"However," Taehyung said simply. "You do not need to worry about us saying anything to them."  jungkook smiled at them, tears stinging his eyes. He wiped them away quickly. 

Why was he on the verge of tears for something so stupid.