29

Jin could not even bear to scold Yoongi for his actions after having overheard what had happened to the boy. He did not know how many of them knew, outside of himself, Jungkook, obviously, and the two other young ones. He just barely caught onto the conversation, and he had to say, he was quite glad that he had. It was not exactly ethical, but it definitely helped when he thought of how he was supposed to treat the boy. He supposed that video too, had been something he had likely gone through, or maybe even witnessed. SeokJin was not sure, but it hurt his heart to think that the boy was being forced to hunt down his own country men. He supposed Jungkook was not necessarily forced, but Taeyong had definitely coerced him into agreeing, or at the very least, frustrated him into it. 

if Jin knew anything about Taeyong, he would not have quit until Jungkook had agreed. When it came down to it, he definitely understood why. Jungkook was a valuable asset. However, he was a valuable asset as long as he was unbroken. It was likely why they were even allowed this in between time. So that Jungkook could get comfortable with them and, very probably, so that they would know about Jungkook's origins. It would make sense, considering everyone had to be comfortable with each other. It made Jin want to smack Taeyong for such a ploy. Trying to get Jungkook to agree to something like this was...well...vile in a way. Whilst he understood the urgency, there were plenty of others that could have been chosen. Jungkook was not the only promising candidate. Whilst he was the best, of course, he was not the only option that Taeyong had. 

He could not bear to let the others know. Jin did not know what he would do should they find out. Would they demand that Jungkook get thrown off the team? Doubtful. As much as they may feel angered, there had been nothing to be done about the situation at hand. Not to mention there was much at stake, and Jungkook was willing and working towards aiding the South more so than the North. He was putting his life and livelihood on the line for the South. To Jin, it was too much. He could not believe that Taeyong had bribed the boy into doing something like this. 

Well, Jin had to admit he was not entirely sure if Jungkook had been bribed or if he had been backed into some sort of corner, annoyed to death, or even coerced into agreeing to this venture. What he did know was that Jungkook likely had not agreed the first time, which was enough for Jin to be agitated. Normally, Jin would not care, but seeing Jungkook just the last few days, spending some time with him, realizing just how much his trauma truly lived within him still? Jin could not help but be furious. He could not blame Taehyung and Jimin for their little freakout the first night now. It was...sad, how much he understood them now, and he wished that he did not, oh how he wished that he did not. 

He did, though, and to that he felt as though he owed not only Jimin an apology, but Taehyung as well. He wished he could apologize to Jungkook for all of the horrible things that he had been forced to endure, but he also was aware that would only anger him greatly. He had gotten angry at the two of them, even if perhaps it had not been so obvious to them. He still felt as though he should apologize, though, considering it may have affected them. Even if...even if Jin had not known at the time, he felt bad about it. 

He supposed that this, in the grand scheme of things, was a wise choice. Who else would be better able to talk down, speak with, and even empathize with some of the spies that they were bound to catch but someone who knew what it was like to live on the other side? It would be invaluable at obtaining information. As much as Jin wanted to curse the man, at least he had a good head about his shoulders, considering he had at the very minimum thought about who was good enough to recruit like that. Jungkook was a good ideal candidate, just he was sure not the only one. 

So, Jin could not bear it when Jungkook came rushing in ahead of Yoongi, Jimin, and Taehyung with arms full of things that Jin remembered him telling Yoongi quite clearly that they should avoid giving the boys. He just shook his head with a sigh and grabbed them up on the counters. He began to sort through everything and was relieved that Yoongi had at least remembered to grab some of the essential basics. Meats, milk, things such as that. Granted, that was along with a ton of food that Jin had sent Yoongi to avoid getting, but even he could not be mad at this point. 

He took a few steps back as Taehyung and Jimin rushed forwards under him to help put everything away. He could not help but roll his eyes at the sight, but a part of him did wonder, just how many of them knew what was going on with the youngest of the group, and would they ever really find out? As much as Jin pained to admit it, it was likely that Jungkook would tell them before they admitted that any of the others knew. 

Yet, something in Jin tugged at that. he did not want Taeyong to win this time, and he did not want Jungkook feeling anxious and stiff around him and the rest of the crew a majority of the time just because Taeyong got it in his stupid head that this was a good idea. He wanted Jungkook to be able to enjoy his time with them, and that meant ensuring that everyone knew what was going on. 

Jin would have to tell the other Hyungs about this.