Worry Growing

Hobi and the others stayed back when Jungkook declared that he was going to go to sleep, finally. The boy had been awake, and had insisted upon doing the dishes so that Jinhyung did not have to. Which was sweet, but Hobi could tell that he just wanted to get out of the oppressive atmosphere. Not that he blamed the child. It was tense, and there was no denying that. The child was incredibly insecure, and refused to so much as ask for something without being asked in turn first, and even then he was clearly nervous to really ask. He was not certain about actually accepting anything. He would just smile nervously. All through dinner it was tense and incredibly uncomfortable for everyone. All of them were just...unnerved, and on edge. They were worried about Jungkook, hence why they were waiting until the other had chosen to actually go to sleep to talk about the recent developments. There had been some recent developments, and they were rather frightening. 

"I just do not understand how this is a good idea. Him, being on this team. I get that he is some child prodage, but at this point, he seems more innocent and fearful than anything else. I do not think that he would be incredibly useful at the best of times, and I am sort of worried about what may happen to him should he go out." Jin said.

"He is tougher than you guys think." Yoongi said simply, as though there was nothing else for it. It was mere fact, nothing more. The others watched him in shock. It was rare that the other showed his opinion on something, and even less that he bothered to state it aloud. This meant that it was something to be taken seriously. Still, they were confused, at least some of them were confused, as to how Yoongi managed to come up with such a conclusion.

"How do you mean?" Namjoon asked, the curiosity simply too much, asking when it became evident that the others likely were not going to.

"I mean, it takes guts to even agree to be on a task force that is going against North Korean spies. The other could have easily refused to take part, and nobody would have blamed him. He is nervous, but that is to be expected. I would wager the kid was probably a victim of abuse, and severe bullying, just  given his smarts in and of itself. Who knows what he would have had to deal with when he was younger. Not only that, but he willingly sat down with people he knows next to nothing about, and even helped make dinner with a person who he was worried was pissed with him. I guarantee you, it takes guts. Sure, it takes a lot out of a person, and he probably is rather submissive as Hobi cleared earlier and demonstrated with Jimin, but I think it is a far cry to say that he cannot be on this team." 

It was the most many of the five remaining had heard Yoongi say in one sentence, and that in and of itself was a miracle. The fact that he was supporting Jungkook wholeheartedly was another shocking conclusion, at least for Jin and Namjoon. The two had been of the opinion that they would be agreed with, especially Jin, but given what Yoongi was saying, they were now forced to reevaluate their opinions."

"Jimin, what do you think?" Hobi interrupted, before Jin or Namjoon could retort. Jimin nervously fidgeted at being called out so suddenly. 

"I think Yoongi is right, but, it was quite obvious that he was abused as a child. Perhaps he was bullied, and I doubt we will really know the full story unless he trusts us enough to really tell us, and I dunno when or if that will even happen. I do know that, despite his timid and slightly innocent nature, the boy is more capable than you guys think. You do not see it, and I do not believe that even if we tell you you will be able to see it for yourselves. Besides, it is better that your eyes are open to seeing how big of an asset that he really truly is. He is one of the youngest Psychologists in the field, to date. Not to mention, he is incredibly smart. Sure, right now, he is uncertain of where he belongs. He is also the youngest one of all seven, and thrust into a group where he knows nobody, and nobody knows him, and there were previous bonds made already. Not to mention, I was told that he had agreed only because he was asked, several times, by a friend of his. He is here because he wants to be, but he definitely does not have to be here." Jimin paused, uncertain if maybe he had said too much. Before he could really contemplate it, though, Taehyung stood. 

"I do not think you guys can fully understand the depth of strength that Jungkook is showing even agreeing to be apart of this team. Sure, we all had our own doubts about joining the team. After all, despite everything, North Korea is a dangerous enemy, and the spies that they employ are willing to die rather than be caught, and it is incredibly likely that they will use every means that they have to take down those who are fighting against them down as they go. Not to mention, North Korean spies are rather incredibly talented. Contrary to the popular belief, they are very skilled. We will be lucky if we make it out injured after personally dealing with one, let alone taking down the whole organization. Really though, you guys simply cannot understand just how terrified Jungkook must be right now, because you still haven't connected the dots." With that he stood, and walked towards the room which Jungkook was currently sleeping in.

The rest watched him walk off, more than a little curious, but too nervous to really ask.