Dinner

At first Jungkook had been rather worried when it came to helping Jinhyung with dinner. He did it because he thought perhaps it would help him get closer to the other, and partially because he was told to in the first place, but he was also kind of nervous when it came down to how to behave around the eldest of the group. He was nervous that he may accidentally say or do something that would raise the ire of the other. If there was one thing that he simply could not stand, it was the anger of another towards him. It made him nervous, and anxious, and he never quite knew how to handle himself. His friends were more understanding, whether it was because many of them had been raised in a similar style, well, not really but a more similar style that he was, than others around him. They understood how to really help him branch out of his shell more. He was more comfortable around them. Now, he was being pulled in to help this ragtag group because apparently South Korea was now actually assessing how much of a threat the North Korean spies are to their government and general capability to keep their country rolling. When he was in North Korea, he was always wondering whether or not South Korea would notice that North Korea had spies in their country. Half of the time he believed that they would never figure it out. Then again, them knowing about the spies and being willfully ignorant he was not entirely certain was much better. 

Still, him being in the same room as someone he had recently angered? Despite his ability to know that Jin was just being defensive because of how people had treated in the past, and that it in no way had to deal with him, he still was extremely hesitant about entering the same room as the other man. He knew that Jin wouldn't hurt him. He would not scold him the same as they had in North Korea. he doubted they would even think of half of the punishments that North Korea had believed were acceptable, and let alone condone such use of violence. After living in the country for so long, though, it became a way of life, it became a reality for him, and he may dislike it, but the reality of the matter was that his mind placed him back to where he was used to being. That was in North Korea, with the inane punishments, the forced obedience, and the cruelty that those who defied were given. Jungkook had forced himself to intervene before. He knew full well just how cruel people could be. How dark and malicious that their minds could be. 

Needless to say, it was horrible. He was so terrified of doing something wrong, and horrified of saying the wrong thing or acting the wrong way and infuriating the other. He did not know if he could handle the anger of someone he would be stuck living with for several months as of now until the end of the year. 

It was a scary thing. That was for certain. Then again, Jungkook had lived through much worse, but he simply did not want to have to really think about those days. The days of pain, of blood, of cruelty and darkness. Hopelessness fighting its way through his veins. Jungkook sighed, and shook his head, focusing on his task. 

Jin had told him to set the table, and he was. He was doing his best. He was not entirely certain how others would expect him to set the table, and it caused him no end of second-guessing and doubt that he was doing it properly. He most certainly did not need to be thinking of the horrors of North Korea whilst he was doing so. He lived them enough through his dreams....
Another thing that he had not really thought of. His dreams. Well, more like night terrors turned memories. He woke up sweaty, heart racing, with a scream in his throat more nights than not and so why exactly did they think that it was a good idea to leave him in the same room as six other people. He would be disturbing them with his dreams. He knew that he would be doing it. He disliked disturbing people at the best of times, and to know that he would be incapable of actually stopping this disturbance...it was not the best thing for his state of mind. 

He stood back, examining the table. It was a worn table, but it would be more than able to hold the seven of them. The plates were on the table, and the cups above the plates to the right, and the silverware were in their spots on the napkin. He hoped that it was acceptable. He hummed nervously, biting on his nails. He was not entirely certain of how you were supposed to set a table, and therefore he was unnerved with the idea that he may be doing it wrong. He did not really want to do something wrong, and the idea that he may be doing something wrong, that he may have screwed something up and not entirely realized it until it was too late to change anything and that he would be stuck dealing with it, dealing with the consequences of his mistake horrified him more than enough to revive the old habit. It was not a good habit to have he knew that but at the same time, he was sort of stuck dealing with it in the first place. He could not change what had already happened, there was no point in really changing anything.

Jungkook looked up really fast as he heard the others come into the room. One by one they entered the room and sat at the table, Jin coming in last. Jungkook sat and watched them with wide eyes and uncertain of what he should do. Should he sit with the rest of them or just stand and wait? There were too many uncertainty to really be able to calculate what he should do or what was the best and most appropriate action. 

"Jungkook-ah, come on and sit down with us." Hobi said softly, indicating towards his side. Jungkook deviated towards him, glad that he was told what to do. Normally he disliked it but at this point? it was welcomed.

This would be a long dinner.