Jungkook/Jin and formalities

Jungkook eagerly followed Jin into the kitchen, with wide eyes. Jin sighed heavily. He had not meant to hurt the other's feelings, he was just certain that the youngest would begin to mock him for being able to do well in what was considered by many a 'girly' art. As it were now, he was shocked that he could even think of doing such things. The boy was clearly so easily satisfied and happy to help. Jin was not certain of his skills in the kitchen, especially with the blank look the others sometimes gave him when it came to him asking the younger to grab him something. Sometimes it would seem that he seemed totally lost for a second, before something hit him and this light would go off and he would snatch it really fast and apologize for taking "too long". Jin could not understand why he was apologizing for taking too long when there really was not a specific length of time in which he had demanded that the utensils be brought. Plus they had just moved in. Did the other think that Jin would punish him for trying to find something? He was not that cruel. 

Jin sighed. The boy seemed a bit skittish around him. He did not like it, but any attempts to try and create a more comfortable atmosphere for the younger had failed...miserably at that. It was hard to create a comfortable space for someone who seemed to watch his every step around him. Jin could not understand why the other seemed so nervous. Sure, they were new, and they had not really gotten to know each other, and now they were being shoved onto a team together, and living together as a trial period which would last who knew how long. Jin tried really hard to be understanding. He was a psychology doctor after all. Sure, he was not in the same league with Taehyung and Jimin, but it was still the same basics. 

"Sunbaenim..." The tentative, timid voice cause Jin to whirl around, hiding his surprise. They had been in the kitchen for a good forty five minutes and never once had the Maknae of the group dared to even speak out of turn. This was definitely something new, something Jin would need to take extra precaution when dealing. He did not wish to accidently drive the boy back into the dark shell of nervous anxiety again. 

"Yes, Jungkook-ah?" Jin asked, voice a softer tone. 

"What is your favorite thing to cook?" Jungkook's voice was halting, as though he were uncertain if he should actually continue with his questions. Yet, he did so anyways. Jin was happy that he did. 

Jin smiled slightly. The other was trying to make an attempt to know him a bit better. Or, that is what it seemed. Perhaps he was just nervous and wanted to try and lessen the tension in the atmosphere because the silence was unnerving him. However, from what Jin had concluded, silence did not really bother the boy. Probably in certain situations, but in general? Likely, no. So, Jin believed that perhaps the other was trying to get to know him a little bit, or trying to come off as more relaxed than he actually was. Either way, Jin counted it as a win. He could use this seemingly insignificant question to his advantage and try to get the youth more comfortable around him. He did not want to live with a group mate who was terrified of everything he said or did. He wanted Jungkook to be comfortable around him. 

Of course he wished that the other would be comfortable around all of them, but they could not expect that he would be comfortable around all of them at once. It was best to simply take it step by step. It was something that he suddenly realized, and now he understood why Taehyung had sent the youngest to help him in the kitchen. Jungkook needed to open up to them, and it would never happen if he were constantly surrounded by other people, and definitely not in such a tense atmosphere. Granted, both of them were guilty of creating that atmosphere, but it was irrelevant. 

Jin would admit, sometimes Taehyung's ability to read a situation and go from there really unnerved him. Especially because half of the time he did not even truly understand or realize why the previous Maknae was doing something until later on. Then it came as a sudden realization and it smacked him right in the face. Not exactly something he was particularly proud of. 

"I love cooking in general, Jungkookie." Jin paused, waiting to see how the other reacted to the lack of formalities. He did not want to press his luck too far. However, it would seem that the other seemed shocked, but pleasantly surprised to see him drop formalities. Jin just wondered if the other would do the same for him. "I suppose my favorite things to cook would be anything which the others can enjoy. I like making food for other people. Making it just for myself is sort of pointless. So, when others can enjoy it, I will enjoy making it." Jungkook looked at Jin with wide eyes, full of admiration. 

"That is amazing Sunbaenim." Jungkook said in a whispered voice full of awe. Jin smiled, he supposed that the youth did not know if it was alright to drop the honorifics. They were five years apart after all. 

"You can call me Hyung, Jungkook'ah." Jin said sweetly. He reached over to take the package which he had asked the younger to get for him, and ruffled his hair lightly, hesitant to make too much contact in case the other would get scared and run away. He did not want to loose all the progress which he had made up to this point. It would be quite unfortunate. Luckily, for him, Jungkook just smiled and bowed lightly, thanking him.

"Of course Hyung!" He said happily. He bit his lower lip. "I never really had a Hyung for a long time. I hope that I can be an amazing and great Donseang for you!" Jin had to hold back a laugh. Even now the Maknae was so formal. It was cute, in an odd way. 

"Alright, alright. I am sure you will be amazing." He said reassuringly. Despite the fact that the other said it in a light tone, Jin knew that it was likely something the youngest was indeed rather worried about. "Could you set the table, while I get the others?" Jungkook gasped. 

"OF course Hyung!" Jin smiled as he watched Jungkook rush off to do as he was asked. 

He was glad that the other seemed to have relaxed a bit around him. Though he would be that it would change a bit once the others joined them for dinner, but he was glad that Jungkook was at least somewhat comfortable with his presence when they were alone. It was progress, at least.