Part 25

Hobi reminisced on the information that he had inadvertently heard from Taehyung and Jimin the night before. He was the first one awake, considering that he had not really managed to sleep all that well. Not that it was all that surprising. The information that he had heard...it put everything quite in perspective. So many things finally made sense, and he was shocked that he had not really thought about that possibility in the first place. Though Jimin and Taehyung had not expressed exactly what they meant, after all they both already knew about it there was no reason for it, Hobi was able to figure it out. Jungkook was not South Korean. He was from the North, and had managed to escape. How? Hobi did not know if it was something that he wanted to know, or if he wanted Jungkook to tell them at all. Perhaps it would be better if he was not dredging up such memories.

Jimin and Taehyung were right at multiple points in their night conversation, and Hobi almost felt bad for listening in on something that was clearly not meant for him to hear. He did not, though, having realized that it was pointless to feel guilty. It was done. He refused to to feel bad about it. He laid his head on his hand as he waited for the coffee to finish. Sighing sadly as he thought himself the reality of the situation of Jungkook being a North Korean when he was younger. If that was really the case, then it would make sense why Jungkook would want to stay away from them. He was probably scared what they would think. They were out with the full intention of catching spies once they got close enough to be able to work together, trust each other, and understand each other. Jungkook was probably horribly nervous as to what they would think of him considering he was from North Korea. Taeyong had been pushing him into it, and while Hobi knew full well that Jungkook was quite capable, there was no mistaking that, he was an amazing person within their field, almost legendary, it was still agitating to realize that he probably ended up agreeing due to Taeyong pulling some random stunt that caused Jungkook to feel guilty or worried and then agreed. He would not put it past Taeyong to do so.

Like Jimin and Taehyung, he understood that Taeyong was tenacious when he wanted to be, stubborn as a mule, and definitely not someone who took no for an answer when it came to the betterment of the country or the people. Which was a good thing when it came to some things, and not so much a good thing when it came to others. Taeyong was admirable, Hobi could admit that, he was well regarded within the Police force, but he was worried about Jungkook, not Taeyong. What had Taeyong done to get him to agree. Furthermore, when he thought about it. It would make sense then. The video that Jungkook had them assess in the beginning, that had likely been something that had happened to him once, an interaction that he had actively had. Their assessments he based off of how he was currently, and really he just felt like a total idiot for not having seen it sooner. He could not blame himself truly though, it was not his specialty area, not like it was with Jimin and Taehyung.

Moving around the kitchen in an effort to get busy and do something, and also wanting the others to have something to eat when they woke up he pilfered through the fridge and decided to make something for breakfast. He was not really the best cook, and so whatever they had would be simple and rather easy to make, and he could just hope that he did not mess it up. Eggs and toast were simple enough that hopefully he would not mess it up too badly, and they would have something to eat, which was better than having nothing to eat. They did not really have many options either, so Hobi felt that this was a good choice on his end. Jin would probably have managed to figure something more elaborate out, but he was till sleeping at the current moment, and Hobi did not want to wake him and risk waking some of the other members as well.

He had to keep thinking about this information and he was not really ready to speak with anyone until he had truly considered his options, of which there was really only two. Should he talk to the others about it, or wait until Jungkook felt comfortable enough with them to tell them? Would he ever truly feel comfortable with them if they did not know? Two things that he had to really think about. It was not easy to decide which was better. Should he take a leaf out of Jimin and Taehyung's book? Should he tell Jungkook that he knew as well? It was obvious that Jungkook was a lot more comfortable with the youngest members of the group, but Hobi did not know if that was because he was around their age AND because they knew of his past, or if it was one, or the other. What if he told Jungkook about his knowledge and the other got nervous and concerned. Furthermore he had likely asked Taehyung and Jimin to keep silent about the information, otherwise the two would have probably told them already. In such a case, Hobi admitting that he knew at this moment would likely put a strain on the youngest's relationship with Jimin and Taehyung if he thought that the two had broken such a promise. They had not, but really Hobi did not think that him finding out that he had learned because he had been somewhat eavesdropping on the two would be much better.

He dropped the food onto the table with a sigh. He supposed it would be best to inform Jungkook, just not yet. Maybe in a day or two. He could say that he had figured it out, after a very long thought process. That way, Jungkook would not feel as though he had been betrayed by Taehyung and Jimin, but hopefully he would also become more comfortable with him as well. He did not want Jungkook to feel as though he was living on eggshells. He would be sure to tell the boy that he fully accepted him. Hopefully Jungkook would begin to realize that there was no need to worry about them condemning him, or judging him, for something that he could not control. Besides that, he had come to the South so young, settling himself in, and it was obvious that he was still dealing with the aftermath of what had happened in the North. How could they possibly judge him for wanting to keep the South safer? He almost shuddered at the thought that any of them would hurt Jungkook just because he was from the North, but then again, what more could he expect.

Hobi moved back towards the living area, set on waking everyone up. They needed to get a good start to the day, get to know each other a bit more, get some food because they did not have enough and Hobi did not know about anyone else but with the amount of coffee that Suga drank per day, they were going to need more before they ran out of it, which would definitely be a disaster. He figured he could send Suga with the Maknae line to go shopping. For all that he may seem a bit cold, the man had a soft spot for the youngest members of their little chaotic group. He had seen it, and it was too late for him to hide it.