Part 26

Hobi was surprised to realize that the first one awake besides himself was not Jin, who usually was up first, but Jungkook, as a matter of fact. It surprised him, but he was somewhat glad of it. He wanted to talk to the other, at least for a little bit. He did not know...about what he would talk, but he figured that the two of them could at least benefit over some sort of conversation. He did not want the other to be wary of him. He did not want him to be watching his back when Hobi walked through the doors, and though ensuring that they knew where they stood and ensuring the titles definitely had made Jungkook feel more relaxed and at least a little bit more comfortable, the elder man was not blind. 

"Jungkook, I had some food for you." Hobi said simply pushing one of the plates towards him. "Just wait for me to drag the other's up. Shouldn't take too long." He commented. Plugging his phone into a small speaker, Jungkook just widened his eyes staring at Hobi with a good dose of excitement. He deserved to have something that he was excited about, after all, but Hobi just smirked as he stared at him, coffee mug in his hands, taking some idle sips of it as he watched Hobi get ready. He gave a small smirk as Hobi began to scroll through his music playlist, wondering what song he should blast on high. Jungkook tentatively made his way to Hobi. "Yes?" Hobi questioned. 

"C-Can I choose the song?" He whispered. Hobi just smiled and nodded. 

"Of course." Hobi said with no small degree of joy. Having Jungkook request something from him, while it may not seem like a big deal, it was a big deal to Hobi. Particularly now that he knew about the younger's past. Hobi almost felt like he had won the lotto. He was quite happy that Jungkook felt comfortable enough, even if it was hesitant, to ask something of him. He was quite happy with the developments that this seemed to be. He knew that it could just as easily go sideways, but personally, he felt as though this was quite a positive thing that he should cling to with all manner of joy. 

Hobi quite joyfully handed his phone to Jungkook to mess around with. Jungkook quickly scanned through all of the songs, before a smirk lit on his lips and he let his eyes gleam with malevolant joy as he pressed play on one of what has to be the biggest bass songs of screamo that Hobi has ever heard. He covered his ears, watching as Jungkook tossed him back his phone, settling into his chair with his coffee as the others jolted away with great baleful laughter. Even though Hobi would have definitely appreciated some sort of...warning, he would admit, he could not really fault Jungkook for this one. The other's reactions were just too wonderful for Hobi to really be angry with Jungkook.

"Well chosen, Kookie," Hobi said with a laugh as he finally turned the song off, letting the others to take in the sudden state of wakefulness, which they did, with varying degrees of capability. Jin seemed to be the one who was faring the best so far, while Taehyung and Jimin had ended up tangled in each other's limbs, and Namjoon had almost broken something in his haste to stand. Yoongi, surprisingly, seemed the calmest. Something which had Hobi somewhat unnerved. 

Yoongi was never calm after being woken, let alone with such suddenness as he and Jungkook had thrust upon them. Although he would not be surprised if the sight of Jungkook laughing this early in the morning was the reason all of his annoyance had evaporated. Hobi knew that it was likely. He had already come to the realization that Yoongi did rather like Jungkook, he just...was confused on how to show it without scaring him. Which was a worry that most of them had, but coffee definitely seemed to do the trick. Yoongi had seen Jungkook drinking it early one morning and they had figured that he probably liked it, which meant that it was best to just supply him with endless coffee in the morning. 

"What was that about?" Jimin pouted, frowning at Hobi. 

No fair. Hobi thought to himself. Jungkook was the one who chose the song. 

"Food is done." Hobi said simply. "And Jungkook and I were hungry so I decided to wake you all up." 

"Did you have to do it so violently?" Yoongi groaned, and slowly they began to drop themselves off at the table, Taehyung and Jimin taking both chairs on either side of Jungkook the moment that they had realized that they were going to be eating. 

"We also need to get some food." Hobi said, neatly side-stepping Yoongi's question. "I was thinking maybe Yoongji, and the Maknaes could go and get some." 

"That is a great idea." Jin popped in before Yoongi could try and refuse. The latter in question crossed his arms and pouted, but otherwise just accepted his fate. "Hopefully he came keep them from buying a ton of things that neither we, nor they, need." Jin shot a look towards Yoongi who just shrugged. 

"Whatever." Was all he said.

They all knew that he was a softie, but particularly when it comes to spending money, he was pretty good at keeping everything and everyone under control. Jimin and Taehyung had a small habit that they wanted to buy lots of sweets. After one afternoon when they had convinced Jin to buy at least fifty dollars in just pure sugar, they had made an agreement that Yoongi would be the one who took the maknae line shopping, that line now included Jungkook. 

"We are going to go shopping?" Jungkook ventured. 

"Oh yes," Taehyung said with a smile. 

"Don't worry, Kook, we will teach you our ways." 

"You are going with Yoongi Hyung, did you forget?" Namjoon cut in. The two just smiled innocently towards the leader who sighed but did not say anything more.