Watching, waiting

Jimin, hobi, and Taehyung carefully watched Jungkook throughout dinner. They did need to figure out whether or not the other boy had these tendencies that Hobi had pointed out. They had begun the tests right away. Of course, they felt that it was possible it was a bit too soon, but there was not much else they could do. They needed to know whether the boy was a natural submissive as soon as possible so that they knew precisely how to handle him later on. They did not want to do something, or say something that accidentally made him invert in on himself. The real question was whether he had been trained, or not. This was what they were attempting to find out. If the boy was previously trained, Hobi feared what may have happened to him to get him to such a deep state. If he had not been, it was more concerning, but because of different reasons than if he truly were trained. 

While he did not say anything, Jin knew things were tense as well. He could tell. The entire atmosphere was as though they were waiting for some stroke of bad luck to hit them. To strike them down and devour them. Though Jin doubted that such things would happen, he was a bit worried. He knew that he had reconciled at least a little bit with Jungkook, but Jungkook was not next to him at the moment. Instead, he was seated beside Jimin and Hobi. Not that he had any problem with that of course, but he did want to sit next to the youngest. After all, he would have thought that Hobi would allow such things if nothing else. He had managed to create some sort of working relationship with the boy during the time that they were together in the kitchen. Perhaps it was still a bit strained, but he could tell the boy was incredibly tense sitting in between two unfamiliar people.
It was not as though he could do anything at the moment, however. Hobi, Jimin, and Jungkook had already sat down. It would cause more trouble than it was worth, something which he knew that everyone was fully aware of. So, what more could he do, other than carefully observe the youth from where he was currently seated. 

Jungkook...Well, he was sort of nervous. First, he manages to offend the eldest of the group, which definitely set Jin off, and the rest of the group without really meaning to, and now he was forced to sit in between Hobissi and Jiminssi. He, he really did not know how to act. He was uncertain of how he should behave. At first, he thought that maybe he would just be allowed to go back to the room, and sit on the bed which was designated for him, but now it would seem that was not the case. 

Why did he even need to be here? He understood the need for team strength and bonding together as a team, but there was definitely plenty of time for that. He did not need to do that now! His hands were shaking, and he was getting nervous. He was scarcely able to lift his head or raise his eyes from the table, too nervous of accidentally offending any of his Hyungs to do such a daring act. He did not speak, he could not. He felt his throat close up from fear of saying something out of place or something which was unwelcomed. He did not want his Hyungs to hate him, but he also did not want them to think that he was better than them.

It was a fine line, really, that he was walking, being the youngest. He should have thought about this. He was always so careful to not let his past show, and yet he had slipped more times than not within the past twenty-four hours. It was mind-boggling just how easy it was to shred the facade, how easy it was to slip into the previous roles which he had grown up with. It was something he was not, something he was desperate, not to repeat. 
He refused to allow himself to go down such a path. Not again, never again, not while he was free, and he had been free for quite a while now. Not just those meager few minutes of 'freedom' which he had snatched whilst running from the guards, or rushing trying to make curfew. This was real freedom. Something he had ached for and longed for. As much as he was assured that he would not be sent back, he did not want to risk such a thing. He had worked for the exact opposite for far too long. He could not allow his secret to get out. 

Jungkook jumped slightly when he felt a hand tentatively touch his shoulder. It was Jimin, the one who was twoish years older than he was. He was the same age as Taehyung, and he and Taehyung seemed to be pretty close. Though Jungkook supposed that being similar in ages would do that to a person. It was always nice to find someone your age to hang around. 

"He-Hello, J-Jiminssi." Jungkook said. He spoke softly, not daring to allow his voice to raise much higher than a whisper. He did not want to risk angering the others. Though, he knew that since he did not really know the rules of this equation no matter what he did he could easily anger them. Easily, without a thought. He inwardly sighed, forcing his wandering mind onto the topic at hand. Jimin had touched him, which meant that he likely wanted something from him. 

"You can call me Hyung, Jungkookie," Jimin said instantly in reply. It left Jungkook sort of stunned. He had barely had any contact with Jimin before, yet here he was, allowing him to call the other Hyung. So...trusting. Jungkook was confused as to how the other could be so kind and trusting. Though he had to remind himself, that it could just as easily be a farce. Something the lure him into contentment ontly to take advantage of him later on.

"A-ah, H-Hyung, wh-what is it?" Jungkook cursed the ever present stutter. He really hoped that it would go away soon. He did not want to be stuck with it while speaking to his Hyungs.

"I was wondering if you wanted something to drink?" Jungkook froze, still confused. He was...being asked...his preferences. 

"N-No, Hyung, th-that is okay." Jungkook gently declined. Hobi, however, had different ideas. 

"Jungkook, you have not had anything to drink so far. Are you sure that you do not want to drink something? Water, perhaps?" Hobi had effortlessly moved into his part of the game.

"Oh, w-well, I suppose j-just water would be f-fine." Jungkook said timidly, with a small smile to Jimin. Jimin returned the smile ten force and jumped up to get it. Hobi smiled at him as well.

"I am glad you chose something to drink." He said, little did Jungkook know, they were all effectively growing just a bit more worried.