Night Screams

Jungkook hated sleeping with other people. Now, not only did he have to sleep with other people, he had to sleep with a whole house full of people. He was nervous, understandably. It was...unnerving to the best of them. The reason he hated sleeping with other people around, well that was rather simple in it's essence. He had nightmares.

Not just those simple once in a whole nightmares that left you up and shaking and made you spend ages trying to get back to sleep again. No, no, these nightmares happened quite a bit. It left Jungkook with some major sleep deprivation issues, not that he cared to really address them. Of course, it was dangerous to avoid sleep, but Jungkook also hated waking others up because of his nightmares. It happened more often than one may think when it came to his nighttime horrors. 

Still, even if he hated the fact that he would probably wake up screaming in agony from something which had happened years ago, and far in the past, he was exhausted. He may hate having to wake in such a horrible way, but he needed sleep. He was not stupid. He knew that being on this team was going to do him more harm than good, but a person could only deny something so many times before eventually giving in. 

At least he was not going to be alone, that was something to look forwards to. Or...perhaps not. He was not entirely certain that the others in the house really cared for him all that much. Seokjin-ssi's reaction to him alone was enough to leave Jungkook worried and itching at this fear that he would be hated. 

He certainly felt hated. The atmosphere had been anything other than warm when he entered the room what felt like a century ago, and it certainly had not warmed any since then. He wondered, not for the first time in the last few hours, if he had actually done the right thing in agreeing to become a part of this so-called team. 

It was not just the atmosphere either. Jungkook was going to have to be incredibly careful if he did not want his identity to be found out. He hated his field more than anything else because he knew full well just how easy it would be for someone with the proper observation skills and slightly above average intelligence to figure out what exactly had happened to him when he was a kid. Things which he was still not really over. 

Oh what a wonderful draft would that be for some publication? Social media would have a field day. The very psychologist that had helped so many people suffered from some of the very things that he treated. It would be scandalous at best, and ruin his career at worst. How could he possibly treat others if he was still suffering?

Clearly it did not affect his work as much as many would assume given how many people he had easily and successfully treated. Still, this was why he preferred a teaching position. It was easier, and he liked it more. Even still, how was he supposed to turn a blind eye to those who actually needed his help? He could not do such a thing. It was a big motivating factor to his joining this blasted team in the first place, despite the potential things which could go wrong.

Jungkook would have to be careful of Taehyung and Jimin. He knew this. Those two, with their specific fields, they would be the first to notice if anything was off, and it was obvious that something was off, of course it would be hard to miss for the two psychologists after that evening. Jungkook doubted that he would be able to hide much, if anything, from the two. He was curious exactly how long it would take for the two youngest (barring him) to figure out that something was weird with him. 

Jungkook sighed and settled on the bed that he was provided. He was grateful that he was even offered a bed. He would not put it past the others to refuse him that, but they had not, and it was something that he was most certainly grateful for. He would have to remember to say his thanks tomorrow for them allowing him to sleep here. 

With only a slight amount of dread, Jungkook closed his eyes to the world, and drifted into an unconscious state. 

Which was exactly how Taehyung found him when he entered the room. Well, sort of. Jungkook had moved from laying comfortably on his back as he had been when he drifted off to sleep, to curled into the commonly known fetal position at the very corner of the pitiful bed. Taehyung had to shake his head in amusement as he noticed that the boy had not even grabbed a blanket, just fell asleep right where he had been. Sighing, he snatched one real fast and brought it to the youth. He could not, in good conscious, allow the boy to sleep without covers. It was bound to get somewhat cold after all, and Taehyung was not overly cruel. 

As Taehyung covered the youngest of the group with the blanket, he noticed that the youth was a bit tense. He supposed, with what the youth had been through (assuming he was correct, which he normally was so...) it was normal. It did not concern him too much. Though he was sad the boy was still dealing with the horrors which he had been through.

Taehyung sat for a while, just watching the boy sleep. He looked so much younger when he was sleeping. So...So utterly young and innocent. Too innocent for this world. As of now, Taehyung could practically feel the helpless vibes wafting from Jungkook. He seemed to be peaceful, even if Taehyung knew that the other was having a fitful sleep. He could tell. The way the boy was curled into a complete ball, coupled with the tension in his limbs as he curled up. Most people assumed the fetal position to feel safe and comforted, wrapped completely about, but the child was still tense, clearly his sleep was fitful.

Taehyung wished he could do something, but he was not the best with dealing with nightmares. That was really Jimin's expertise when it came to the two of them. Or Jin, really. Jin was the best when it came to dealing with nightmares. He always managed to get them to feel calm and comforted. Though, Taehyung somewhat doubted that this would be the case for Jungkook. Especially with the whole fiasco that happened earlier. What Taehyung really could not understand was why Jin was being so defensive towards Jungkook. Sure, he had quickly caught himself. Yet, the fact that he even reacted like that was shocking.

Taehyung's attention was ripped from his thoughts as he noticed the boy beginning to stir. Still sleeping. He sighed. Jimin nor Jin was here. It would be up to him to aid the child.