Morn

The next morning was rather...awkward. Jungkook woke up earlier than his Hyungs, but he really had no idea what to do. Everything that had happened that evening made him feel...bad. In some way he supposed it was partially because technically he was kind of responsible for the tense atmosphere. More than that, however, but he just felt misplaced. Everyone in this group already knew each other whilst Jungkook was left clinging to the straws of something that had already been formed and shoved together and forced to try and fit. Yet, the problem remained because he did not fit properly. He did not really know what to say, or how to act, or what to do. It was so unnerving and he had his fair share of unnerving events. He just was not really sure what to do. Taeyong Hyung had said that they needed to properly get to know each other because they would need to rely on each other's intuition and instructions in life or death situations, and the best way to do that would be to get to know each other fairly well. Jungkook was beginning to realize that was much more easier to say than it was to actually do. 

He felt...out of place. That was sort of the repercussions of being shoved into a group who already somewhat knew each other. He knew that the others had known each other for at least a few months before he joined. He could not really understand why Taeyong had decided that it would be a good idea to shove him, last minute, into a group who already knew each other and seemed to work pretty well together. It was just over kill, in Jungkook's opinion.

That is what he told himself, vainly, in an attempt to believe it. In all reality, Jungkook knew full well why Taeyong had decided to put him in this group, and it had nothing to do with his supposed genius in the Psychology department. His past interactions and intimate understanding of the North Korean instructions and ways of things would prove vital in actually acquiring information and being able to capture the spies which were currently floating around in South Korea. He knew that...and he resented it. He resented Taeyong Hyung for dragging him into this when all he really wanted was to live quietly, do his work, calm himself, fix himself, live as though every day was his last because it probably would be. After all, nobody escaped North Korea unscathed, and most of the time undead. 

Jungkook shook his head of his morbid thoughts, even if they were reality for him at the moment, and quietly picked his way out of the room which he was currently occupying along with six others. It took some major maneuvering and some tense moments when he thought one of the others was going to wake, but he managed to get himself out of the door all the same, leaning against the wall, breathing deeply, trying to calm himself. It was a rather hectic problem which he was currently having. He knew that it was unlikely that he would be able to hold in his anxiousness. He was certain Taehyung and Jimin Hyung had figured something out by now, and he was just waiting for them to turn on him. After all, who could trust a North Korean refugee to fight North Korea?

Okay, maybe Jungkook was being over dramatic. He was just anxious, and everything that had happened in less than 24 hours really only served to make him more anxious that he would be in a different situation. He wanted to just be in his lonely apartment and sleep. Unfortunately, that was not really an option at the moment, which meant that he would have to deal with it. He would, deal with it that is. He may be incredibly uncomfortable, but he knew that he would have to get over it. He was certain that he could handle everything Taeyong Hyung was throwing at him, it was just a bump in the road at the moment. 

He sighed, he needed coffee. It would not do to be...this...when the others woke up, and Jungkook was already nervous enough at the realization that the others would wake up and he would have to interact even more with them. He would handle it, though, as he always did. With grace and poise and no small amount of panic. 

He made his was slowly to the kitchen, spending a few moments trying to find the coffee maker, and then trying to figure out how to work it as it was a different model from the one he usually used, and then once he had managed to figure it out, he inserted the coffee and stood back staring impatiently at it. He watched as the coffee slowly made its was dripping down into the kettle...pot...coffee pot. Jungkook sighed heavily, and leaned against the wall of the kitchen, just staring at the slowly brewing coffee. 

He was excited to be here in a way. Of course, he would be. he did not want South Korea invaded by the North, and anything he could do the help protect the minimal freedom he had obtain from the North he would be more than willingly to go through suffering to deal with, but he was so anxious and nervous that the spies or whatever, whoever they were, would recognize him. He knew that it was stupid, and it had been years upon years, and he doubted that he was even important enough for the North to remember, but it was still this fear which flooded him. It was irrational, Jungkook knew, but it was still a fear. 

The coffee finally having been done, leaving Jungkook to agonize for just a moment too long, Jungkook launched himself forwards and poured himself a cup before digging through the fridge in the search of creamer, or milk, or something to sweeten it. He probably should have actually looked for that before he made his coffee, but he forgot to do that, which meant he was stuck hoping. Luckily there was some creamer, it was plain vanilla, as opposed to the almond that he had been favoring as of late, but he could not help but remind himself to thank Taeyong for stalking up, even if it probably had not been directly for him, which he doubted it had. He did not think that he would manage to survive without coffee. Not right now.

Holding the cup close after pouring exactly two tablespoons in the coffee, and placing the creamer in the fridge of course, Jungkook did not directly drink it, he spent a few moments, inhaling the steam of the cup, allowing the smell to settle him, before beginning to sip the lovely golden liquid of life. 

It was whilst he was savoring the drink that one of the other Hyungs had woken up. They both made eye contact. Jungkook's eyes were wide at having been caught drinking coffee in the kitchen while Yoongi did not really seem to register his presence at all.

"Coffee?" The other muttered softly, looking at Jungkook questionably. Jungkook smiled nervously, the brown in his eyes darkening as his nerves increased, and he motioned towards the coffee pot. The elder just hummed, and slid by Jungkook to grab it. 

Unlike Jungkook, Yoongi did not really poor any type of creamer, though he did shove two tablespoons of sugar in the drink before drinking it. At the taste of the coffee on this tongue Yoongi just sighed and closed his eyes. 

"Thank you Kookie," the other said, before making his way slowly back to the bedroom. Jungkook...stunned, just stared at where his elder Hyung had been moments before.