Returns

Jungkook had taken a long run. He usually took really long runs as it helped him try and clear his mind a lot of the times. Trying to clear his head, sort through his thoughts, and his emotions, and figure out his next steps, and really his runs honestly just aided him in being able to really think things through. He was beginning to think that this was a horrible idea. He knew that it would likely backfire the moment that TaeYong had suggested it to him, but he had refused several times and the other was determined to recruit him. Jungkook knew that his background his...being a...well a North Korean would really help their investigations but that was the least of Jungkook's worries. There were other things that the boys could uncover and he was not too sure that he was eager to admit to them. What if someone recognized him? It was doubtful, considering he was mostly going to be working from behind the scenes, or at least that was what TaeYong had reassured him, but there was still the risk. There was always the risk. It was already risky enough, his being such a young psychology professor and capable within his field, he had garnered a lot of attention, which he usually tried very hard to avoid as much as possible. Still, somethings were just not possible, this was one of them. 

Though he supposed it was inevitable. Even if he took all of the precautions in the world, it was unlikely that he would forever be able to outrun his past. He could try the best that he was able, but in the end, in the end a person's past always would catch up with them at some point. He could try to avoid it, and he could try to hide from it, but he may as well do some type of good before he gets thrown under the bus. He wondered, idly, what the others would think if they knew...truly knew, what he was. Who he was. Would they be just as cold, or even more so then they were now?

The thought back to how Taehyung had comforted him after his nightmare, and he thought to that morning, where Yoongi had greeted him. He wondered if they would have even bothered if they knew. He thought that maybe, because they did not know, they were willing to at the least try to get close to him, but should they find out? He was sure that it would all cease. He knew that it was inevitable, but he also thought that maybe he should just enjoy what he could get at the moment. After all, it was not as though they knew...at least not yet. He was not stupid, and though he may be able to do many things, he doubted that he would be able to hide something like this from the others for very long. 

He was a respected Psychologist, and a respected teacher. Even still, so where the others. They had been chosen because they were good at their jobs, and good in their fields. It was Taehyung and Jimin that made him the most nervous. He knew that if any were to figure it out, they would be the first ones to do so. He did not want them to, but...even still, he knew that it was likely to happen. He was good at a great many things, but acting was not necessarily one of them. Especially not in the face of a ton of the best and greatest psychologists in the country and the moment.

Jungkook paused at one of the parks before he made his way back to the small place where he was about to be living for the next few weeks. He dropped into one of the benches and sighed heavily. He was going to be incredibly screwed, and that was just the reality. How could he have agreed to this knowing where it was bound to lead? He knew he had a bad habit of doing things just to get people off of his back, but he also knew that this was going to likely be the worst thing that he could have possibly agreed to. 

He stared up at the sky, mentally trying to figure out what he was supposed to do. No matter what way he looked at it, it was obvious that the boys would figure that he was from North Korea, and probably sometime fairly soon. The question was should he bring it up, or should he just let them figure it out themselves. While he really did not want to have to admit that he was...from there, he also knew that if he was just upfront and honest maybe they would not taking it so badly...

Oh, who was he kidding. They were going to take it badly whether he just told them himself or whether they figured it out. Jungkook hummed softly to himself watching as the people passed him, chatting among himself. That was something you did not see commonly back home. Most people rushed to their houses as soon as possible, and did their best not to interfere...in anything. The risks were often simply not worth it when it came to most people, and Jungkook had been known to put himself at risk many times, luckily his acting skills in that department were on point. 

Jungkook sighed, pulling himself up. He would just have to let fate take the reigns. He was fairly sure that Taehyung already figured that something was up though he was not entirely sure how much he knew, or what he thought, but he knew that the other was already suspicious, and he would not be all that surprised if Jimin was as well. He would just have to admit to himself that it was inevitable. The best that he could hope for is that the others would not find out all too soon, and that if Taehyung and Jimin did manage to uncover the truth behind everything, that they would not hate him afterwards. 

He knew that it was unlikely, given their nature. They would probably try and help him, if anything else, rather then hate him. Jungkook was just never certain about things like this. Not everyone was like his small group of friends. Not everyone understood necessarily the difficulties. Even still, he supposed that them taking pity on him was better then him being shoved into a black cloud of isolation. 

His return...marked some interesting things. First of all, Jin Hyung pounced on him. Not literally, but almost. The eldest was literally like a young version of his parents. It was hard to really realize that this man was able to verbally rip you apart if he truly wanted to. 

"We have talked it out." Jin said suddenly, in way of a greeting. Jungkook stared him. 

"Talked...what out?"

"We want you to call us Hyung." Jin said, surprising Jungkook. He just waited, glancing over at the rest of them, their expressions serious.

"Are...are you sure?" Jungkook asked, his voice hesitant. he did not want them to feel pressured into anything of course. 

"YES!" Jimin said, jumping of from his chair. Jungkook jumped a little at the sudden shout from the other. "We...We want you to be comfortable, with us." 

"I think," Hobi interfered, "That maybe we did not have the best introduction. We did not really address anything like...you know, honorifics or anything. We just want to get to know you, and for you to be comfortable with us." 

Jungkook glanced over to Taehyung, who was leaning back in his own chair with a smirk and a look in his eyes that said 'i told you so'. Jungkook shook his head, a small exasperated smile on his lips at the expression.