Waking

Taehyung felt as though it was important to note that while he was not very good with the nightmares, he must have done something right by softly whispering the boy's name because he woke up not that long afterwards, and there were no flailing limbs involved. It relieved him greatly as he was not enjoying the getting hit factor. At all, in any way, though that was something that he should have probably anticipated. The boy was certainly traumatized, but it was not as bad as it could have been if he had stupidly touched the boy as he had been going to before, something that he still could not believe that he was actually about to have done. Who knows what could have happened should he have been stupid enough to actually do something like that. Luckily, he had actually paid attention to Jin's lectures about what not to do when a person was having a nightmare. Both Jin and Jimin had both discussed at length that very thing, and he had carefully paid attention to such yelling lectures. That did not make knowing WHAT to do much easier, but at least it narrowed down some things. Like, what was not a good idea versus what was.

"Jungkook," Taehyung whispered softly, noting the boy's slightly glazed over eyes. He hummed curiously, unable to help his wonder, as Jungkook's panicked breathing slowly began to calm. Whatever nightmare it was that the boy had been dreaming about it was clearly bad and had taken at toll upon him. The young boy was clammy, pale, and anxious. His breath, while it was slowly beginning to calm to Taehyung's relief, was still faster than it really should be ideally, and he was trembling. Taehyung did not think that his was any run of the mill nightmare.

"Hey, hey, it is Taehyung, you are at the dorm." Jungkook inhaled shakily. A small smile on his face, as he glanced up at Taehyung, shaking the sleep from his eyes, ridding himself of the last images of the nightmare.

"What...what happened?" He asked, his voice was shaky. Taehyung knew that it would be given the fact that his body was shaking and his breaths were still quick. 

"You had a nightmare, so it seemed," Taehyung said, speaking softly. He did not wish to startle the boy with any loud noises, and therefore he made sure that his voice was carefully cultivated, soft and quiet. 

"Ah, I hope I did not bother you," Jungkook said nervously, rubbing up and down his arms. 

It was bad enough what had happened at Dinner, and now he went and startled one of the members, and what exactly was he supposed to do here? Jungkook chastised himself for such things, even though he knew that he was not really able to do anything about it logically, he was not exactly being logical at the moment. 

Taehyung sighed heavily and shook his head.

"There is nothing to worry about," He spoke up, stopped the younger's berating thoughts towards himself. Jungkook looked up at see him concerned. "I was not disturbed so there is no reason to be anxious or anything like that," Taehyung assured the other.

"Still," Jungkooked sighed out heavily. 

"No still, there is no reason for you to be upset about it, you cannot help yourself from having nightmares anymore than one can stop breathing. I do not want you to be apologizing for something that you cannot stop." Taehyung stated softly. Why was it that the other was being so...angry with himself? It was not as though the other realized that he could stop himself from something as simple as dreaming. While he may have had a rough dream, there was nothing that he could do to stop himself from having bad dreams. Taehyung was not going to hold it against him for that. 

"Where are the others?" Jungkook asked quietly. It was nighttime and Jungkook did not want to risk angering anyone by potentially waking them. 

"They are still talking outside." Taehyung said simply. Jungkook nodded, curious. 

"Why are you not out there too then?" He asked, looking at the other with wide eyes.

"I just felt tired, came in here to escape the suffocating feel. Whenever they start talking about something it is the neverending train until it crashes into a wall, which can take forever." 

"Why do you not try interrupting them? Surely that would work better." Taehyung scoffed, huffing a small laugh at the other's response. 

"I would if I could, but half of the time they are so embroiled within their arguments that they do not hear or think of anything else. It makes sense though because while I would like to say that they really pay attention to their surroundings and who is around them, they do not. It has gotten them into some major trouble before, and I doubt that it will stop anytime soon." Jungkook thought it over. 

"Perhaps they just need to be given something which is more important in order to stop the arguments. I am sure that if you pretended to be harmed or something they would stop talking in order to look over you and ensure that you are alright." Taehyung hummed, as he contemplated what the other said. 

"I am not all that good at such things. Maybe you should try instead. You have a more baby face than I do and so it may work better." 

"I dunno, I am not entirely certain that they like me all that much." Taehyung furrowed his brows, worried now.

"What do you mean?" He asked the other. Jungkook leaned back and wrapped himself in the blanket, grabbing the pillow and leaning his head on it before looking up at Taehyung. 

"I dunno, I just get that feeling from them. As though something is wrong. Perhaps I am just overthinking." Taehyung smiled lightly.

"I am sure that it is not really what you think. The others are quite fond of you actually." Jungkook hummed, face hidden in the pillow.

"I guess."