Part 23

They managed to set the ipad up in a way that they could all see it, and sat together comfortably, the Hyungs on the couch and the mankae line sat together on the floor. They hummed softly to the theme music as the first movie began the opening previews. Jungkook settled himself back on Jin's legs, wrapping his own under him, pulling Taehyung's arm closer to his body and snatching Jimin's left arm as well, not wanting to be alone. It was...a jarring realization that he had come to, thanks to the few talks that he had with Taehyung and Jimin. Jungkook had known that this would be a dangerous mission, but he had not thought it would be dangerous for his emotions as well. 

Yet, it was found to be exactly that. He could not explain how it was that he had become attached, but he had. He was still healthily scared of them, of course he had to be, why would he not? Despite the fact that he felt some sort of odd fondness, he was still scared of them. He could see their effort though. He understood why Jin wanted this movie night, he wanted to calm Jungkook down, and to spend some time with everyone, including him. It was...strange to Jungkook. To be included in these things. He often found himself with Chenle and Rejun, but he did not really explore anything. Whenever Chenle and Rejun went to do other things, he often stayed behind, not wanting to risk anything. The horrors of his childhood followed him everywhere. Then Taeyong had approached him with this project. 

It was a dangerous project, but he felt a sense of...duty almost. He wanted to catch the spies that were being leaked through the North to the South, but he also understood how dangerous that this project was for him. He did not know that he would be recognized by anyone, not anymore, but there were always possibilities. It terrified him to think of what the others would think. Previously, he had just been nervous about how the North would react should they figure out that he was in fact still alive and well, but now...curse his heart, he had formed attachments with the other members. 

Mostly with Jimin and Taehyung. They knew him, they saw him immediately, and if not immediately pretty swiftly. He should have figured it would be them if anyone. He knew that they were the observant ones in the group. They did not say much, but they did not have to. Jungkook was shocked that they had accepted the truth of his past so easily. Part of him wondered if it was but a phase. What would happen if they really managed to get some spies, would they turn on him then? Should he even bother trying to get closer to them? What if they betrayed his heart and he was ripped apart again? He wanted to think that they had honest intentions. That they understood, and would not let this information leak as they had claimed that they would not, but could he trust that? Could he trust them? 

Jungkook was not sure, but in this moment, feet pulled under him, feeling the atmosphere of the other six about him, seeing that they were willing to suffer through a super hero movie marathon just because he had asked them to, he wanted to believe that it was real. That all this could be held by him forever, and that he could cherish this and continue this. Yet, he was not stupid. He knew that it would not last, it could not last, nothing good ever lasted in his lifetime. 

While Jimin and Taehyung, despite Jungkook's reservations about the two, had accepted him, he knew that it would not be easy for the others if they found out, how they would react, Jungkook did not know, did not really want to know. It was something that, if he could keep it a secret forever, he would. He knew that was not really an option though. With the nature of the people that he was surrounded with, they would figure it out, just as Jimin and Taehyung had, it would just take more time. They were not stupid, and they were not daft. Jungkook knew that it was only a matter of time before everyone realized what he truly was, and he could not help but think what would happen then. 

After all, it was imperative that in this sort of business, they all trusted each other. It was not exactly easy to trust someone who had run from their country at lightning speed never to return, and proceeded to help the enemy of their country. A Traitor. A Betrayer. That was what Jungkook was, and even though he doubted that South Korea minded too much considering he was helping them, he knew that it would never really be that simple. It never really was. How could anyone trust someone who had ditched their country, and how could they trust him not to do the same again? 

Jungkook sunk downwards, and Taehyung glanced at him worriedly. Noticing his thoughts wandering, the older one of the two dropped his weight onto Jungkook suddenly, causing the other to huff, and fall to the side almost, should he not have managed to shift the weight suddenly, he, Taehyung, and Jimin would have fallen into a human heap right at their hyungs' feet. 

"Taehyungie?" Jungkook ventured softly, poking his cheek slightly. He huffed a bit amused. He knew what the other was doing, but he could not help but be grateful that the other was distracting him. Bright brown eyes stared up at him as Taehyung opened them and Jungkook was struck dumb for a few moments. 

"You okay now?" He whispered. Jungkook just nodded, not really able to find words to say. The other smiled and got comfortable on Jungkook's lap, laying his head against his thighs and humming softly. "Good, now watch our movie."