Part 24

The Iron Man movie began, then they kept going. On and on. It was not until about Captain America Civil War that Jungkook finally drifted off to sleep, leaving Taehyung to smile fondly at the young boy, and sit up from where he had been laying on his lap, moving his body against Hobi's legs, he pulled Jungkook over to lean against his side, dropping his head against his shoulder, a small smile on his face. He hummed softly, not even bothering to pay attention to the movie that was playing in what seemed to be the background, instead, letting his fingers drift over the youngest of them. 

"Is he okay now?" Jimin muttered to Taehyung, moving to sit next to Taehyung so that he could speak more effectively with a less likely chance of waking the young one up. They did not want that. He could barely sleep as it was. Taehyung hummed in ascent, before he sighed softly. "I saw that he got...down there in beginning. You did good job distracting him Taehyung." The latter gave the former a bright look. 

"Do you really think?" He whispered, nervous. Taehyung was not really the best when it came to comforting people. Adults, that were. He was great with children, but with adults, it left him feeling wrong footed. He was never really all that great at it and despite his efforts to fix that, it never really seemed to change anything. He knew that was mostly because he was a horribly wrong footed person in general. There were times that he found it difficult to figure out what people needed, even if he knew what they were feeling, being able to give them what they needed to help them was not always a simple thing to do. He was glad that he had managed to read the situation with Jungkook properly. It was a rare occurence. 

"Definitely," Jimin said softly, breathy voice reaching Taehyung's ears and soothing his worries. Jimin gave him an encouragment that he had not really known that he needed, but then again, Jimin was so much better at these sorts of things than he was. Comforting people was definitely Jimin's specialty, and this was why the situation with Jungkook left him in left field, because he had gained the boy's trust far faster than Jimin had, that one night with the nightmare had switched things around, and instead of Jimin being the one who dealt with all the comforting like he normally did, Taehyung was the one who was doing it. It was definitely not something that he was used to. 

"I am worried about him," Taehyung muttered softly. Jimin bit his lip not wanting to say more on that subject. "We know the truth, we know, but...I am thinking that perhaps that may be the real reason that Taeyong recruited him." 

"You think TaeYong knew?" Jimin wondered, glancing up at Taehyung. The other just shrugged helplessly.

"I do not really know, but if I had to hazard a guess, it would make sense." He licked his lips nervously, continuing onwards despite the discomfort that he felt. "After all, although Jungkook is well regarded in our field, we all know that, and he is incredibly young, what other reason could there be? We are all well regarded in the fields that we are in, and to have another that is just because they are well regarded and young? I call bull. I may not know exactly whether or not Taeyong figured it out, or how he managed to do it, but it would not really surprise me. Outside of him being extremely well respected, what other reason could there possibly be? Think about it. The nature of the work that we do, the constant pushing of TaeYong to get Jungkook to join? I mean, what other reason could there be?" Jimin hummed to himself, thinking over the information that Taehyung supplied them. It was not as though he was wrong. He was not. There was a big possibility that TaeYong did really know what it was that Jungkook came from and wanted to use his knowledge of his home country, to figure out what the spies were doing. 

If Jimin was in TaeYong's place, he would have done the exact same thing. Having Jungkook on this team, it was a good move, assuming that it was manageable. The other knew things that as South Koreans, they just would not know, and could headway a lot of things that the other may do that they just would not really think about. The other country was a mystery to them, for the most part, and the people that they deployed may do things that they would not even fathom about doing. It was a good move to have someone who knew more about the country than they did on the team. A person that had been there, a person that knew intimately the sort of things that they were able to do and were capable of. Therefore, having someone like Jungkook on their team was...amazing. For them. 

Jimin just wondered exactly how it was that TaeYong had managed to get him to agree after so long of refusing. He did not want to think that their leader was capable of using underhanded tactics, but it would not really surprise him. Despite the dislike of thinking about that sort of thing, again, this was different. They were trying to catch people that were dangerous to the country. He had to admit, it was not unlikely that the other would use underhanded tactics to get the boy to agree. 

"He is still so traumatized." Taehyung whispered glancing at Jimin nervously. "Everything that he had gone through, he has not made peace with it yet. This is not going to be good for him," 

"Do not worry, we will be there to help him, no matter what it is that we need to help with." Taehyung shook his head though.

"I am still worried. He has a lot of unresolved trauma. Just being in the same room without being told what he needs to do freaks him out." Taehyung sighed sadly. "I do not have a good feeling about this." 

Hobi glanced down, having heard the whole thing, the other Hyungs having fallen asleep already.