Taehyung

Taehyung had known that something was up, it had been rather obvious, and he was quite astute, despite what many tended to think given his random jumps and leaps of logic, and so it had not exactly come as a shock when the supervisor who was organizing this team had stopped at some point to tell them that he had been pushing for them to have another member on the team. Taehyung had, however, gotten a little suspicious when the Chief had said that he had to convince the boy to agree to it first. After all, it was a once in a life time opportunity. A make or break career. If they succeeded, it would launch them to success. For them, who had little to loose, it was the perfect plan, the perfect opportunity. The fact that TaeYong had found another person, but had needed to convince him to agree...It was those words which sparked his curiosity, something which, once lit, would never really die down until the end. Which he was, most certainly, curious. He was interested in what was really going on. The boy...There was something about him. He had noticed. He had seen it.

When the team manager had come in all excited and happy, practically glowing with excitement, it was clear to any and all what had happened. He had spent what had seemed like ages trying to convince this 'boy' to join. Though the Team Manager had refused to give names, nor really the reason why it was so important that the kid join the team, it was quite obvious that he had brought news when that day he came bounding into the room so excited and gleaming. The man had finally, somehow, gotten whoever it was that he had been hassling to agree. Taehyung could see that, he definitely did not need to be told to know that was what happened. Yet he was told. They all were, and then they had to go through this long and ardourous process of how difficult it was to get him to agree and how he had been trying to get the other to agree for ages and ages and now he had finally caved. He still did not say how it was exactly that he had managed to get the boy to agree, but it was obvious that whatever it was did not really matter. The boy had finally agreed, and they could finally begin this stupid deal.

They were all curious. TaeYong had spent quite some time agonizing over how he would be able to get the mystery person to  agree to join the team, and had a put a halt on everything until he managed to do so. He was certain, had to have been, that however it was would eventually agree. Therefore, how could they not be curious of this person. It was only to be expected of them. It was a long time of buildup, and now they all wanted to see who he was, what he looked like. All that they were really told was that the boy would be heading the Psychological aspects because they were an expert. They had not really been given any more information, and this information...well...This was not exactly helpful in the slightest given the fact that there were tons of different experts in the field of Psychology.

The boy was definitely not what they were expecting. Then again, he did not think that the boy was what any of them were expecting. Most of them had not really thought too much on the mystery person that TaeYong was determined to recruit, so they had not really had much expectations, but he defied all the few that they had believed. There was more to that, though. Taehyung knew potential abuse victim when he saw one and this boy held all of the traits. The lowering of eyes, the nervous stature, the slightly trembling hands. Careful word play and hesitation was clear in his speech. Taehyung noticed when the boy got nervous and jittery once the video was playing. He knew the low quality (though Taehyung doubted that anyone who did not really understand the finesse of what video making was about would be able to know that it was lower quality, the boy did really good at making it seem real) meant that he had likely strung the video together himself. It was admirable, really. The boy had clearly done it on the manager's orders, which made him kind of annoyed, but he understood that they needed to be tested. It was only natural. The boy was the head of the Psychological aspects of the team, he needed to be able to figure out where their strengths lied. This was a good way of doing so, even if it annoyed Taehyung a lot. 

It was more than just that though. Once Hobi explained why he had been so utterly shocked when Jungkook had assumed the submissive stature, everything clicked right into place. The boy's part in this team, the lengths which the manager had gone through to even get him accepted into the team (or rather to get the boy to accept the open space for him on the team), it was the stuttering voice and the timid stature, the nervous eyes, and the constant look out for escape routes. The self-made video which meant experience. This boy had not just been placed on the team for his intellect, though taehyung began to wish that he had.

Of course, there was no doubt that the boy was definitely intelligent. He had to be with how young he was and yet how certified he was. He was the youngest person on the team by two years. Quite a bit in taehyung's book. Still, it was not the primary reason for the manager picking Jungkook. While anyone would be hesitant about accepting a job, knowing what they were doing and what the stakes were, Jungkook was understandably more and more unnerved about the situation.