fertig

"So I am not sure how many of you can figure out why I called this meeting tonight." Jin began, unable to stop from wringing his fingers in between each other, nerves really catching hold of him at what he was going to be doing. It was not just about betraying Jungkook's trust, but also worry about what the boy would think when they broke it to him that they knew. How would he react? Would be angry, upset, relieved? Jin knew that there was really far too many variables to consider to really get a good reading out of the situation, but he wished he could at least try to. Unfortunately, he knew that was just not going to be possible. Perhaps Taehyung and Jimin would be able to, they had clearer heads about this sort of thing. Jin was far too emotional sometimes. It helped in some aspects, but really limited him in others. It was a good thing what he was in charge of did not really have anything to do with emotional responses. He would be screwed in that regard, though that was also probably why they had him in charge of in charge of infiltration rather than anything else. He supposed it did not really matter in the grande scheme of things.

"I am going to hazard a guess here, Hyung, and tell me if I am wrong." Yoongi said, waving his hand lazily in the air. "But I presume that it has something to do with the fact that Jungkookie himself is a North Korean refugee, and that you wanted to make sure that we all knew so that collectively we could try and come up with something to help him move past his traumatic history and maybe begin the healing process." Jin stared at his Donsaeng, surprised that he had managed to get...well everything correct in one guess. "You are way too easy to read, hyung," Yoongi said lightly in response to the confused look in his eyes. "Besides, I am pretty sure that by now, we all have figured out that Jungkook was North Korean at some point in his past."

"At the very least it explains why Taeyong wanted him on the team so badly, despite the fact that it meant a late start." Namjoon said softly. "Jungkook would have a lot of insight, even if some or most of it may be outdated. He would be an invaluable asset. We would be able to connect a lot easier with the people we capture if we had someone that was on the team that knew some of the things that they would be dealing with. As an objective move, it was a good plan."

"Was?" Yoongi questioned. NamJoon sighed heavily.

"Taeyong went too far. Jungkook is not ready for this type of work. He is not prepared, and I don't think that he his actually quite healed from the trauma that he had as a child. It may not do much to negatively affect the cases that we may get, but it sure as hell is not going to help him much either." The Leader shrugged. "If I were Taeyong, I would have left the team as it is, despite the value that Jungkook had, he is not prepared for this sort of work, and he is likely going to only get worse before he gets better. On the plus side, he has us there for him, but I am not sure exactly how much good that is going to do."

"The first step," Jin cut in, reclaiming his time and stopping anyone else from commenting in some way. "Is to inform Jungkook that we know. That way he can react the way he neesd to and we can get through the first step."

"Easy to say, but not easy to do." Hobi spoke up. Jin turned to glare at him, arms crossing over his chest in frustration.

"I know that, I am aware." He huffed out, frustration and annoyance laced in both his body and tone. "I just...I just do not know what more to do! It is frustrating not knowing when Jungkook may end up snapping. I want him to be able to do it sooner rather than later. That way we can try to keep our dynamics good, show him that he has a family of sorts. That was the point of putting us together, after all, to make us feel comfortable with each other. As morally ambiguous as Taeyong can be, I can finally see why he insisted on this exercise so heavily. If we cannot even get Jungkook to think that we care about him how are we supposed to expect him to get through a huge case, that very well could be traumatic every step of the way?"

"Well," Yoongi cut in before any more words could be exchanged. "Let's start by getting Jungkook." The other stood and walked towards the room before anyone really processed what he had said, and it was far too late by the time they did so, as Yoongi was already rapping on the door, and it was being pulled open Yoongi pulling the others into the common area, where they were all staring, twisting uncomfortably. Now that Jungkook was actually standing before him, Jin found that he was much less confident.

"I, that is we, well, we wanted...to let you know...we wanted to inform you...that...we...well, we know...about...your being from North Korea." The words were stuttered out, hasty and uneasy, but Jin did manage to get them through. Jungkook went stiff, eyes widening and worry flooding him. "It is fine. We...We don't think anything more or less of you for it. We just...we just wanted to let you know....Because...because..."

"You seemed so nervous." NamJoon intervened, cutting of Jin's rambling. "Around us all, and we figured that was part of the reason why. Not the whole reason, of course, but part of it. So we figured we should just let you know that we know about your being from the North, that way you could at least feel a bit more safe around us, especially once the cases begin." Jungkook just stared at everyone, Taehyung and Jimin on either side of him, rubbing soothing circles into his shoulders.

"You...You don't care that I am not from the South? That I am from the North?"

"No," Hobi stated gently. "We never would and we never have before. The only reason we are doing this job is because it is dangerous to have North Korean spies wandering around the South unchecked and unknown. We have no particular hatred for the North." Jungkook began to relax minutely. "Besides, we know that it is hard, probably has been hard, but we don't want you to hide from us."

"However we can help." The words were ushered from all of them, and Jungkook felt a warm sensation flooding his body, from the very inside outwards. A smile briefly touched his lips. Perhaps...Perhaps he could trust them...at least for a little bit. It would be worth it. He had been living in the South for so long, always unnerved and anxious, wondering when the other shoe was going to drop, but perhaps it was time that he stopped acting as though things were finalized before anything even happened. This was not the North, he was not there anymore, after all.

He figured...at least this one time, he would try. He would do his best. Maybe, maybe he could show the other North Koreans that they were not lost or given up on either.