Nick the Name

Thank you...Kookie? His elder Hyung had called him Kookie?

It was not something which Jungkook had expected, and so he could not help but blink uselessly as Yoongi returned to the bedroom, probably. He thought back to what Taehyung had said the night before, as he had tried to assure him. Taehyung had claimed that the other Hyungs had cared for him quite a bit, but had a hard time trying to figure out just how they were supposed to show it. They were awkward around him, yes, but they certainly did care. Jungkook still was not entirely certain if he thought that he believed such a thing, but he could understand...at least he thought he could somewhat understand it. He really did not do well with people. Sure, he was amazing at Psychology, but just because he knew that did not mean that he was good with people, he just knew how people's minds worked, and knew how to read them. He was actively hopeless at anything else. 

Jungkook leaned heavily against the counter, staring into the dark liquid of the coffee cup. He contemplated everything that had happened so far. He had to admit, the group that TaeYong Hyung had put together was really good. They would do extremely well. The amount of information that they had managed to glean from the video he and Chenle Hyung and Rejun Hyung had hastily put together was more than he had expected. Not that they were wrong, but it was quite thoroughly analyzed. He was just worried. He did not do anything important in the North, of course, and he doubted that anyone in his family was still alive, and even if they were, he would not wish to see them. They were traitors, all of them. 

He just...He knew that this was an extreme risk. He was taking quite a big risk as it was, and he hated to think that something would happen to him when he would least expect it. He had no idea why TaeYong Hyung thought that this was a good idea. He was a refugee, from the North. He had lived there. If anything, that would make things worse, should anyone find out, not better. What use could he have? Any information that he did have of the North was likely outdated, and even if it was not he could not really just say anything without getting suspicious or wary looks from his now colleagues. 

Jungkook knew that TaeYong likely had his own reasons for brining Jungkook onto this case, and those were reasons which the elder would most certainly not share with him, he just did not like to be in the dark with what it was that the man was planning. He knew that he was planning something, too. It was hopeless for the other to pretend that he was not. TaeYong knew that he knew that he was planning something as well, even if Jungkook had never brought it up. It just made Jungkook rife with anxiety, not really knowing what the other's true intentions behind bringing Jungkook into this mix of people was. Perhaps they were honorable, but more than likely there was something there that Jungkook would simply not know until he heard it from the other himself, or someone else. Jungkook was not entirely certain that he even wanted to know Taeyong's plans, and therefore he was content to at least pretend that the only reason that the elder had brought him in was because Jungkook was a Psychology prodigy. 

He glared down uselessly. What was he even going to do from here on out. Taehyung claimed that the Hyungs had cared for him, at least somewhat, and it was obvious from the way Yoongi Hyung had not only had him call him Hyung, but also thanked him and was gracious towards Jungkook, and even gave him some sort of appalling nickname that the other cared for him. Yet, it was a stark contrast from the night before. What exactly was it that had changed their behavior. Such changes do not often happen so quickly, and most certainly not without cause or reason. 

Taehyung and Jimin could not have possibly caught onto him already could they? There was simply no way. Jungkook had been very careful, and besides, it was not common to meet a timid person, and a shy person, especially not when they were as young as he was, and in the middle of a ton of people they had met scarcely an hour beforehand and was told that they would all be forced into the same living quarters for who knows how long. 

Yet, something seemed to get Jungkook to think that the two younger members of this group knew more than they were letting on. Jungkook just did not know how much it was that they knew, and he was quite nervous to figure that out. He would need to know exactly what the other two suspected, or what they had claimed to be true, that way he would know whether or not he was safe, or in danger. He would love to help South Korea, but he refused to do it if it meant that he would be deported back to the North. He had to be pragmatic. He would not be safe in South Korea if anyone knew about his past. The north would undoubtedly go rampant if they heard as well. It was not a situation which Jungkook wished to place himself in. Nay, he refused to place himself in such a dangerous position. 

Right now, though, more than the logical side, Jungkook realized that if the other two knew, if any of them knew, he just would not be able to stand to look at their horrified faces. He could not handle watching them realize how much that they should not trust him, and he most certainly was not going to be capable of handling the looks of anger and sights which would undoubtedly be thrown his way.

However, there was not really any decent way to obtain any information on how much Jimin and Taehyung Hyungs knew. 

Jungkook sighed heavily. He knew that to even try to figure it out was a hopeless endeavor. He would just have to keep a close eye on them himself. He would also have to be more careful about what he did and said. 

He downed the rest of his coffee, the coffee still warm enough to burn his tongue, yet he tasted nothing, and decided to go for a run.