28

Yoongi was really a lot more soft with Jungkook around, something that Jimin and Taehyung had not only noted, but fully intended to exploit in the future. The other was soft for Jungkook in a way that he was most certainly not for them. It was with horrible shock to the two when Jungkook had dragged the three of them to look at some snack that apparently he had not had in ages, and in awe at the sheer amount of the snacks that they had. Taehyung and Jimin supposed that the North probably did not have a lot of things, and it would not really shock them if Jungkook had a tendency to avoid going...well anywhere. The other was a timid ball of anxiety at the best of times. It was not hard to see that he would have order in everything, even groceries, out side of going to his teaching classes. However, that was not the shocking part, or well...it was, don't get them wrong. What was more shocking was when Yoongi asked if Jungkook wanted the snacks and the boy had just shook his head with a 'remember what Jin hyung said, I don't want him to get upset'. That was somewhat shocking, but not the most shocking thing. Although both Taehyung and Jimin were rather stunned that Jungkook would just...easily refuse an offer to get sweets from Yoongi, of all people. Even that was not the most shocking, however high that did rank. No, the most shocking thing was seeing Yoongi sneak several bags into the cart without remorse, and holding a finger to his lips when Jimin and Taehyung caught eye contact with him behind Jungkook. 

The two wondered if maybe Yoongi had figured out what they had, but in all reality it was most likely that he had just had a small soft spot for the boy. Or a rather large soft spot. It was not as though either of the maknae line could even blame him. The newest addition was really the sweetest, and anyone could see that he had been through a lot, and was willingly putting himself through more just to help a foreign country that had taken him in. Jimin was also quite certain that despite however long it was that Jungkook had been out of North Korea, it was not long enough. His heart hurt for the things that the boy would have gone through, and if that video was any indication, it had been quite a lot. It was something that they definitely would try to do their best to ensure that it did not happen again. 

It would seem, though, that Jungkook had some sort of magic over Yoongi, because at the end of their imromtu grocery shopping, they had far more things that Jungkook had idly pointed out, or even glossed over for a few seconds more than normal, in the cart than they did anything that Jin would have approved of. It was not as though Yoongi did not have the money for it, considering he was arguably the most wealth of the seven of them, it was just surprising to see Yoongi so willingly be prepared to face up against Jin's wrath of unhealthy items without remorse or even hesitation. 

"Hyung, what are you going to do when Jin Hyung asks what happened?" Taehyung muttered under his breath as Jimin went to distract Jungkook from their conversation. Jimin was curious as to what their play was going to be, and as such, did not want Jungkook to realize what was going on. Thus the plot was hatched. They had only had to really look at each other to convey the information of the plan. It happened when two people got so good at reading each other, and being together for quite some time, Jimin and Taehyung were definitely within that category. 

"Not sure yet," Yoongi answered honestly, leaving Taehyung to almost whimper at the thought of Jin's anger. "However, I have an idea," Yoongi said with a smirk. That slowly began to reassure Taehyung. If there was something more scary than Jin in his motherly wrath it would be Yoongi with a plot up his sleeve. The very least that he could do is be somewhat calm. 

"Care to inform anyone?" Taehyung questioned clicking his tongue impatiently. 

"We send Jungkook in with all the sweets." 

"That is a horrible plan." Taehyung stated without hesitation. 

"No, Jin has a weak spot for the boy. Besides, did you see those eyes? He deserves to have some sort of...of...sweet things. I couldn't really help myself." Yoongi sighed out sliding his card to pay for the absurd amount of sweets and random bits of food that they had managed to pick up between the endless piles of Yoongi snatching food for Jungkook. 

"He is going to revoke your grocery privileges." Taehyung stated deadpan. Yoongi shrugged carelessly. 

"No he won't. Goodness knows that everyone else is far worse than I am." Taehyung wanted to refute that statement just because...but he could not. Yoongi was right, something he knew if the smirk towards him was any indication. 

"How about we all carry some of them, and send us in first." Taehyung amended. "That way Jungkook doesn't face Jin Hyung by himself. He is still...so tense around Jinhyung and the others." Yoongi sighed, but understood the worry. It was justified. Both Jungkook's wary nature around them, and the worry Taehyung had to send Jungkook alone to fend for himself. Whilst he knew that Jin would never do anything to harm the youngest, he had already accidentally done so. Taehyung and Jimin would definitely make him feel a lot better waltzing in with a ton of the exact things that Jin had forbade them to get. 

"Fine, Yoongi agreed, Taehyung motioning towards Jimin signalling that they had finished and to come over and help. "I suppose you have the best idea that we can come up with." 

"Hyungs!" Jungkook easily bounded up to the small group. "I can help!" He said happily, eyes glittering. This is why I did it. Yoongi thought to himself. No matter what Jimin and Taehyung had figured out, I may not know the whole situation, but I don't have to. It is obvious that the other was abused, and probably rather severely. Hoseok's theory has some great merit too. He has such an...obedient nature, it was almost jarring and somewhat worrying. No matter how it came about. He deserves to enjoy this small time before work begins. He deserves to know that we will have his back, no matter what. 

"Thank you, Kook-ah, could you grab whatever is left?" Yoongi asked, allowing the nickname to slip in a seemingly careless notion, as he had before. 

"O-Of course!" Jungkook said, stuttered nervous joy in his voice. Yoongi felt quite proud of himself.