tapeformed memories

A small, teenage boy hid around the wall of the house. He was skinny, with dark eyes and hair, young. He heard yelling from inside the apartment and began to shake. He slowly, ever so slowly, crept into the house, hoping to avoid his father. he knew that he was past curfew. He just hoped he could make it to his room without his father realizing he was here, but as with everything, luck was not on his side. 

"WHERE WERE YOU??" his father yelled, eyes wide with panic, going quickly soft with relief. He was encased in a hug, tears flooding down his father's face. "Gods above if they had found out you broke curfew." 

"Father, I am fine, nobody saw me!" 

"BUT IF THEY HAD?" His father reared back. "You would have been arrested, you understand that? Arrested, and interrogated until there was nothing left of you." The man sighed and ran his fingers through his hair. "Do not ever come home late again. Ever. I will not punish you, for I am too relieved that you got here safely for that, but next time, I will not hesitate. Do you understand?"

"Yes father,"

"Good. Just, please be careful next time. Always watch the time, and always..."

"I know, I know. Avoid the main roads. I got it Daddy, just calm down. It will not happen again, I promise." 

"Good, next time, if it does, you will not be allowed out of the property again." The boy's shoulders sunk. "I am sorry, dear, but it is for your safety. You know that." 

"I know, I am sorry, I will be more careful. Pinky Promise" The boy lifted his pinky to his father. The father smiled and wrapped his around the smaller one. 

"Thank gods you are okay."

.."You know he is just worried about you." The boy's elder sibling said. 

"I know, I just..." The other glanced at him severely. "I know. I lost track of time."

"Do not let it happen again. Far worse things could have happened than fear of a beating from father, and you know that. Everyone has to obey the curfew, everyone. For safety. If they find you out after curfew..."

"I know. I screwed up, I know." The boy started crying, and the other quickly wrapped him into a warm hug. 

"It will be okay. Soon, hopefully, you will not have to worry about a curfew. until then, be careful."

"I will, I promise." 

The boy walked into a school, and was quickly approached by two other kids. 

"YOU DID WHAT??" One whisper yelled, the other quickly slapped a hand over his mouth.

"Be quiet." He hissed. "Don't let us get caught." 

"I lost track of time, and missed curfew by a few minutes."

"How many?" The more mature, quiet one asked, hand still over the other's mouth. 

"About ten or so." The two's eyes widened and a small gasp left their lips.

"What were you thinking?"

"You could have been caught!"

"I know, I just, I did not mean to, and I ran all the way home."

"Did you get seen?" 

"No, thank gods."

"yeah, you best be thankful."

The boy slowly trudged his way home. He was sad, it had been two weeks since his missed curfew, and his friends had moved to a different city. He was alone, as always, and avoiding the main roads. That is, until he heard a scream. The boy, with a heart of gold, pure and kind, rushed towards the sound without a second thought that he was disobeying the commands of his father to stay off main roads, and come straight home after school, and never get involved with anything but himself. He could not do that though, there was someone who needed help. 

Rushing towards the main roads, and following the weeping sobs, the boy, ever pure of heart, ran in-between the small boy, older than him probably, and the officer, who ended up backhanding him instead. He was breathing heavily, head moved to the side, swallowing thickly. He was so fucked. 

"What are you doing, Kid?" The officer snarled. The boy glanced up with wide, fearful orbs of brown.

"I, Sunbaenim, I was worried, I just..." The boy deflated. "I can't find home." He said, tears beginning to gather into his eyes. He looked at the officer pleadingly. "I am sorry, Sunbaenim, I heard talking and I thought maybe I could get help to go home. I don't normally stay out this late, and I lost track of time, and I got lost, and I haven't a clue where I am and I...I am sorry Sunbaenim, I...I really don't know what to do." The boy started crying, not because he was lost, but from the sheer amount of stress. 

"Kid, you do not interrupt an Officer disciplining a civilian." The boy looked up, and quickly dropped to his knees. He may have been young, but he understood the power of the officers. 

"Forgive me, Sunbaenim, I wasn't thinking. I'm just scared cuz I don't know where I am and I don't know how to get home." He was sniffling. It was an impressive display. The boy behind him had no idea what was going on, and shivering in fear. The officer sighed heavily.

"Where do you live." The boy told him quickly, with wide eyes, hope filling them. 

"Ca-Can you take me h-home, Sunbaenim?" The boy asked softly. The officer seemed conflicted. It was not heard of to stop an punishment once it had started. The officer turned to the boy behind the younger. 

"I trust I will never see you disrespecting your elders again?" The boy shook his head instantly.

"Of-of c-c-ourse not, S-Sunbaenim." The officer nodded. He was cruel, but not heartless. The younger boy was clearly terrified and alone and scared. 

"Very well, get out of my sight, before I change my mind." The other boy, glanced at the other younger boy in disbelief, unable to understand how he had managed to get the officer to finish the punishment early. The boy gave the other a small, shaky smile. He knew what he was doing, is what that told the other, so he rushed off as quickly as possible. 

The officer turned to the boy.

"Let's get you home, Kid. Warning, do not disrupt an Officer again. Not all are as sympathetic as I." 

"Yes, Sunbaenim, I understand." 

"Good." The officer grabbed the boy by his arm, and pulled him up. "Let's go. Before curfew hits."

That was the end of the clip. Even in tape form, Jungkook could feel his heart racing through his chest. It was terrifying, even now, though it had been several years. He still could not help but feel the terror and fear that had gripped him when he had interrupted that Officer's punishment