A Furry Friend.

A few uneventful days went by. I rarely went into town and when I did it was just to buy seeds or necessities from Pierre. It's not like I was intentionally avoiding everyone, I just felt like some alone time would be nice to readjust.

Marnie, the woman who owned the local ranch, came by with an orange tabby cat that had been roaming my farm. She asked me if I wanted to adopt it, so like any other cat loving person I agreed. Pierre didn't have any cat items unsurprisingly, so I had to order some online.

Using Mae's prime account I was able to get the items after a few days shipping.

The cat would go outside most of the day, but it always returned at night. It took the cat a few days to trust me and I patiently waited for him.

After a lot of brainstorming on the phone with Mae, we decided on the name 'Arson'. Not the most normal name, but it suited him.

"Hey Arson, want some water bud?" I asked as I used my watering can to fill his empty water bowl. I got a curt meow in return from the little gentleman. Once I did that I used the rest of the water on my new crops from Pierre's. There was cauliflower, green beans, kale, parsnips and even potatoes. Not to inflate my own ego, but things were going great in terms of the actual farm. On the other hand I did just exile myself from the whole town for a bit over a week.

I rinsed my hands off in the nearby stream, drying them off on my clothes before checking my phone. I replied to Mae's daily morning text before she went off to work as I walked towards my cabin. While I was walking I noticed I had mail. There was one letter reading,

'Dear Rose,

Tomorrow we're holding the Egg Festival in the town square.

You should arrive between 9 AM and 2 PM if you'd like to attend.

You wouldn't want to miss the annual egg hunt!

-Mayor Lewis'

"Egg festival- I think I remember Sam talking about it a while ago. Abigail always wins the hunt or something..." I recalled my conversation with Sam and it reminded me that it had been a while since I last saw him. A part of me didn't want to go to the festival, but another part wanted to see Sam and meet new people there.

I sighed and placed the letter on the table inside my cabin. Making a mental note to shower later tonight so my first impression with people won't be 'smelly farm girl'.

The rest of the day Arson and I cleared out some trees to the left of the farm. When I say Arson and I, I mean I cleared out the farm while he watched on top of a boulder. Laying with his arms crossed like the proper gentleman he is. The reason for clearing more space is because I planned to put my future coop over here, there was even room to put a barn later down the line. Thinking of having chickens sounded so fun, it scared me a bit though knowing Arson might attempt to eat one. Maybe the rooster cat toy Mae sent was a mistake.

Once the sun began to set I took that as my que to finish up for the day. Wiping the sweat off my brow, I followed Arson back to the cabin, placing the tools back into their respective places. When I was back inside the first thing I did was take a shower. It felt so nice to get the dirt and grime off of me.

The next thing I did was change into a t-shirt and shorts before choosing my outfit for the festival tomorrow. Eventually I decided on a maroon chunky knit sweater with black shorts. Knowing I wasn't the best at picking outfits I sent pictures of a few to the fashion icon herself, Mae. She also thought the maroon sweater with shorts was the best option.

I then moved on to make myself dinner. There wasn't that much left in the fridge since it was almost time to go grocery shopping. I chose to make a simple ramen packet, with added ingredients of course. After I finished cooking I sat at the foot of my bed, flicking the tv on with the remote. The first channel that came on was a cooking one. According to Mae I was already a decent cook, but learning recipes and techniques from a professional couldn't hurt.