Family

[Rose Pov]

A sliver of light slipped through the curtains and hit my face. The sudden brightness caused me to slowly wake up. As I was about to pull myself up I felt a weight holding me down. Turning slightly I noticed Sam had both arms wrapped around me.

Butterflies filled my stomach at the realization and the previous night's events flooded back into my mind. He was officially my boyfriend... Holy shit!

I shifted my body to face him and I noticed he was still asleep. The calm expression on his face seemed almost boyish and his messy hair completed the look.

In all honesty I would stay laying in his arms peacefully like that for eternity, but of course the precious moment was quickly interrupted. Though, I couldn't be mad when I saw Vincent poke his head in the doorway of Sam's room.

"Breakfast is almost...." Vincent trailed off as he noticed the two of us laying in each other's arms. He jumped back with a surprised look on his face, but immediately grinned before running off. In the distance I could hear him yelling, "Mom! I was right! You owe me five bucks!"

"What...?" Sam asked groggily as he sat up beside me. "I think your mom and Vincent had a bet on us..." I sighed with a slight laugh. He smirked as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes.

"How did you sleep last night?" He asked as he turned to face me. I couldn't tell him the truth, it was too embarrassing. So instead I decided to lie, "I actually slept really well. You're a comfy pillow."

"Ah, I see." He laughed before turning to get up.

We cleaned up the games from last night and put them all back into the storage closet located in his living room.

Together we walked into the kitchen to see his mom finishing up prepping everyone's plates. We all took our normal seats and I looked down at what Jodi had prepared.

My mouth watered at the sight of the breakfast foods.

"Holy crap Jodi, you're such a talented chef!" I exclaimed after taking a bite. As Jodi and I began talking about cooking, Sam got up and walked over to the fridge with Vincent.

"Maybe we should cook a meal together sometime, you could even show me how to make your fried rice!" Jodi suggested and I nodded excitedly, "That would be so fun! You'll have to teach me your tips and tricks in the kitchen, I'm still a beginner at cooking."

Sam sat back down beside me and placed a glass of chocolate milk down for me. My heart warmed at his kindness and I quickly thanked him before taking a sip.

Around Sam's family I felt like I had a place to really belong. Moving to the valley really opened up my heart to all of the strange, but kind people.

Jodi and I continued our small talk about cooking, Sam and Vincent chimed in here and there.

Eventually everyone finished up and Jodi cleaned up her spot before heading off to her room. She mentioned going on a hike with Caroline so I assumed she was now getting ready for that. Vincent got up and placed his plate and cup in the sink before rushing off to his own room. Sam and I got to our routine of doing the dishes together.

We finished up rather quickly this time, we worked well as a team.

"Soooo, what are your plans for today?" Sam asked as he leaned down to hug me from behind. I stood like that for a while, just enjoying his presence silently. Eventually I responded, "Hm well I have to go do my usual farm work, check on the chicks and stuff. But after that I have no clue." He gave me a quick squeeze before letting go. "Wanna come with me to Sebs place later?" Sam asked as we walked back to his room.