Luau

I woke up to a certain feline pawing at my face. "You act as if you weren't a wild cat before... I'm sure you could go find food in the wild. I spoil you." I laughed as I pushed him off of me and got up to fill his bowl up.

As he ate I scratched behind his ear for a moment before going to get myself some food. Too lazy to cook I simply grabbed a meal bar and made my way outside to get to work.

I decided to play some music from my phone as I watered the crops and harvested some hops. 'Oh shit if I make a keg I can make my own alcohol. Right?' I thought as I made a mental note to check on that later.

After a few hours of doing my normal routine I noticed my mailbox had a few letters in it. One in particular caught my eye.

'Luau? Oh shit I saw something for that on the valley's Facebook.' I pulled out my phone and quickly looked up the page.

'Fuck it's today? God damnit. What do I bring for the communal potluck? That sounds pretty weird actually. What if someone put in something really disgusting? Or allergies??' I thought over the bizarre event as I picked out a vegetable to add. I chose a high quality red pepper I had, some spice would add a nice kick.

'His birthday is coming up too... fuck me.' I groaned before opening up my messages.

Rosie- "Hey Haley you and Sam are like kind of friends now right?"

I texted her first because she seemed to have bonded with Sam or something because why else would she help him with our picnic date.

Haley- "mm I don't think he would say friends particularly, but I've known him for a while."

Rosie- "Alright well I was wondering if you would know what he would like as a bday gift? I saw his was coming up on the calendar."

Haley- "isn't yours coming up soon too?"

Rosie- "yea, but I've never celebrated and did something crazy. Normally just Mae and I drinking together with cake."

Haley- "Could I join you two this year?"

Rosie- "Of course!! She would love you."

Haley- "hmm well back to Sam, he would probably just like anything you gave him. Even just a kiss would probably make him happy."

Her response made me flash back to Mae's suggestions and my face heated up.

Haley- "but for like an actual item in particular? Lemme think."

Haley- "he's a big nerd, their whole group is lol. Plus he's into guitars and shit. Maybe get him something related to that? You could always make him something if you're the crafty type."

Haley- "maybe jewelry? Some guys actually love that shit. I got Alex a bracelet one year and he hasn't taken it off since lol."

Rosie- "alright tysm Haley<3"

Haley- "ofc, and we should totally hang out soon. I'll see you at the Luau later?"

Rosie- "yup! I've recently felt more motivated to go to social gatherings."

Haley- "I'm really glad :)"

I quickly opened up my messages with Penny next. After all, she had known him since they were really little.

Rose- "hey penny I was wondering if you had any suggestions for me for Sam's bday gift? I'm a bit worried I won't get him something good enough"

Penini<3- "from you he would love anything I'm sure. But he seems to be the type that really enjoys things that come from the heart. It doesn't have to be expensive, something small you made him would probably make his day."