Rip Off Easter Part 2

As I walked away from Leah and Elliot I noticed Vincent playing in the grass. I went over and saw a little girl playing with him. Before I could greet them the little boy noticed me and his eyes lit up. "Rose!" He exclaimed as he ran over to hug me. The momentum of his run almost knocked me over once he hugged me, but I held my ground.

"Hey lil bud, what's up? This your friend?" I motioned towards the little girl who was crouching behind a young orange haired woman. "Yea, that's Jas standing behind Miss Penny." He grabbed my hand and led me over to Jas and the two women she was hiding behind. "Hello, I'm Rose." I greeted the three girls.

The first to respond was the dark haired girl with glasses, "Nice to meet you Rose, I assume you're the new farmer I heard Robin talking about? Well anyways, my name's Maru." she smiled happily before turning to her friend, nudging her to speak up.

"O-oh, My name is Penny." she stuttered slightly as she spoke. Her name made me recall a conversation I had with Sam, he mentioned she taught the kids. It made a lot of sense why Vincent and Jas were playing near them, they were probably supervising.

"It is a pleasure to meet you two, especially you." I smiled sweetly as I crouched down to Jas's height. She was clearly a bit nervous, but I tried my best to look friendly and non-threatening.

"Don't worry Jas! Rose is the nicest lady ever, other than Miss Penny of course!" He grinned like the excited child he was as he tried to convince Jas to step out from behind Penny. She stepped forward mumbling, "...hi. You smell nice." Her comment was a bit strange, but I was just glad I didn't smell bad or anything.

"Haha well thank you, that's a really pretty bow in your hair." I complimented as I pointed at the green ribbon bow. Her face lit up immediately as a grin spread across her cheeks. "Really? Thank you!" she giggled sweetly before she began walking away with Vincent, saying, "I hope you don't take all of the eggs this time. This year I'm for sure beating Abigail!"

"They are so adorable." I commented as I stood back up and looked at the other two adults. "I remember being young like that, the child-like view of life sure is somethin' else." Maru added. I nodded in agreement before saying my goodbyes and walking to the next group.

I approached Jodi talking with a bright blue haired woman and much like with Caroline, I complimented her hair to spark conversation. She introduced herself as Emily and I remembered she was the one that worked at the Saloon with Gus. Jodi and I talked about Vincent for a while and she showed me baby pics of him, they were the cutest thing ever. Jodi and I exchanged phone numbers so I could send her the silly pictures of Sam from earlier.

The next group I went up to consisted of Lewis, Marnie and a stranger. Marnie and Lewis were reminiscing about old times when I approached. They greeted me with hearty laughs and I couldn't help but feel jealous of their friendship. It was clear they had been friends for probably longer than I have been alive, that was something I wanted. A long lasting friendship sounded so comforting. Hopefully Mae and I would have that together.

"Nice to meet you Rose, I'm Demetrius." The man greeted me and it brought me out of my thoughts. Lewis and Marnie told me a few stories that had to do with my grandpa, even Demetrius had some faint memories with him. I could tell my grandpa was loved by the people of Pelican Town, the way they talked about him brought me immense happiness.

I spent a while chatting with them, but I eventually made my way back to the food tables. The protein bar could only fill me up so much and I had already been here for a while.

While I was placing some food onto my plate, someone tapped on my shoulder. In all honesty it scared the crap out of me and I almost dropped my plate. When I turned around I saw Sam grinning mischievously again. "Jesus Sam, I almost dropped my plate. Rule number one, never get in the way of a lady and her food." I nodded in agreement with my own statement as I continued placing food onto the plate.