Gifts

I woke up with a heavy weight over my stomach. I slowly opened my eyes and a throbbing headache greeted me. "Great..." I mumbled while looking down at whatever weighed on my stomach. I saw Mae's legs draped over me while she laid at a 90 degree angle.

"That cannot be comfortable..." I laughed slightly before pushing her over so I could get up. "I'm never drinking again." I sighed as I rubbed the side of my head. I walked over to the fridge and grabbed a cold water bottle before taking some ibuprofen. Thankfully there were poptarts so I wouldn't have to cook.

I found my phone and sat at the table to eat. I scrolled through my phone and saw a text from Penny,

Penny<3- "Hey Rose, I just wanted to ask you if you wanted to come to Jas's birthday party this afternoon? Sorry for such short notice, I had completely forgotten to invite the older kids."

Rose- "Of course! I would love to. What should I get her?"

Penny<3- "Well I've already got the cake covered, so just get her anything cute. I'm sure whatever it is she'll love."

Rose- "Alright, also would it be okay if my friend Mae came? She's staying with me, but if not she would be fine staying at the farm."

Penny<3- "Sure! The more the merrier. The party will be a beach party around 2pm."

Rose- "I'll go buy a gift soon then."

And with that I turned off my phone and went out to do my usual farm work. My chicks were doing well and I actually saw Arson cuddled up with them in the coop.

After a few hours I made it back into the house and showered, by the time I got out Mae was awake eating a poptart as well.

"I have a love-hate relationship with alcohol." She groaned as she drank her water. "Yesterday was really fun." I commented as I recalled the picnic. It was definitely a new favorite memory.

I must have had a goofy smile on my face because Mae began laughing. "Okay loverboy, no need to get all mushy." she teased and I glared at her.

"So you told me you loved him?" She questioned.

"Oh... you remember that?" I laughed nervously and she just nodded.

"Well I think so. I've never really 'loved' anyone in a romantic way." I sighed, it was very difficult to explain these feelings I had for him.

"Try describing how you feel around him?" She suggested and I thought for a moment.

"He makes me incredibly happy. When I'm with him I feel... I guess I just feel special. My stomach gets all weird when he does sweet stuff like complimenting me. That's called butterflies right?" I asked and she nodded.

"But I also feel like an idiot around him- I say and do dumb stuff I would normally never do. I feel... vulnerable? I'm sorry, this stuff is probably boring to you." I sighed and apologized.

To my surprise Mae didn't look bored when I looked over at her. She looked genuinely interested in what I was saying. "Rose, I will never ever be bored talking to you. Don't worry." she smiled softly before getting up to pull me into a tight hug.

"I love you Row, if you ever need someone to talk to about this kind of stuff I'm always here for you. That's what best friends are for. Plus I'm sort of a relationship expert." I could sense her smirk at her own words and I laughed.

"Mhm alright. Thank you Mae. Oh also-" I pulled out of the hug. "We are going to a beach birthday party for this little girl Jas. So I gotta go shopping for a gift, wanna come?" I asked and she nodded. "Am I invited?"

"Yea, you should probably buy a gift too if you're going." I explained and she nodded.

After about a half hour of getting ready we both left and drove to the connecting Town between Stardew and Zuzu. The entire car ride we were obnoxiously singing to songs we blasted from her car radio.

During, 'Sex Sells' by lovejoy and 'Mr Loverman' by Ricky Montgomery, we sang our hearts out.

----------------------------

"This is the smallest mall I've ever been to." Mae commented as we got out of the car. We made our way inside in hopes of finding a gift for Jas.

We stopped by this cute shop that sold stuffed animals and I bought an adorable bear plushie for Jas as well as some glow in the dark stars for her room.

It took a while for Mae to find something, but after an hour of walking around she finally settled on getting her an adorable frog onesie and we both shared a card to give her.

Since we still had some time before heading back we decided to go look at different swimsuits available. Mae found a cow print bikini that showed off her curves perfectly and I found an adorable strawberry spotted bikini.

"You sure it looks good?" I asked as I looked in the dressing room mirror. Mae stood behind me in the small room and nodded. "Like I said before, you look smokin hot. People's jaws will drop once they see your rockin bod." She gave me a thumbs up and I slowly nodded, "If you say so..."

We left with everything and made our way back into the car. Mae blasted some more songs and while we drove I wrote in the birthday card for the both of us, she told me what to add of course.

Rose- "I'm so glad that I met you Jas! You're the sweetest girl i've ever met, I hope you have an amazing birthday <3"

Mae- "I hope you like your gift!"

Mae's part was short, but there wasn't much she could say since she had never really spoken with Jas.

"Today will be fun, don't worry." Mae assured me, gently patting my shoulder.

"I hope so."

(Authors Note: A bit of a shorter chapter, but I just wanted a bit of buildup before the next big even. The next chapter is long so I'll probably split it up into two parts like I have with previous ones. Anyways, I hope you have a lovely day/night! :) <3)