Nerd

Sebastian led us down to the basement and I stood awkwardly in the corner. I was trying my best to think of things to say, after all Sebastian is my boyfriend's best friend so I want things to go well. Sam and Sebastian set up some game on a low table while I slipped my shoes off by the door.

"Hey Row, come sit." Sam motioned for me and I walked over almost robotically. I took a seat on a floor cushion beside Sam. "Are you okay?" Sam whispered and I nodded. "Just nervous I'll mess things up again." I responded in an even quieter whisper. Sam rubbed my thigh below the table reassuringly. "He's weird as hell, don't worry." He whispered and I couldn't help but laugh.

Sam grinned after bringing a smile to my face.

"Alright, so I should explain the game to you Rose." Sebastian spoke up as he took a seat across from us. "It's essentially dungeons and dragons, but simpler." He began explaining and after asking a few questions I understood.

"Alright, would you like to be a healer, warrior, or wizard." Sebastian asked as he layed out some character cards. "Hmmm." I looked them over and my eyes were immediately drawn to the healer card. "Holy crap she's hot- I'll play as her." I grinned as I pulled the character card toward myself. On the card itself it had a drawing of a woman and a description of her abilities.

Sam chose the warrior and Sebastian went with the wizard. Sebastian began his introduction of the game's setting, but I spaced out as I admired the art on my card. "Okay Rose, explain your character a bit and how they ended up here." Sebastian stated.

"Hmmm well she used to be a world renowned seamstress, but she grew bored of her ordinary life and yearned for something more. After a few years of living on the road with different groups, she picked up a few things on healing magic. Oh and she probably met the other two at a tavern or something getting shitfaced." I finished my explanation and we all laughed.

"Ooo I like that." Sam commented after he finished laughing.

"Quite unique." Sebastian contained his laughter fairly quickly and went back to his usual expression.

"Alright for my guy he was the son of a blacksmith and helped his mother forge swords. He enjoyed his normal life, but when his father offered to teach him sword fighting lessons he couldn't just pass that up. For years he trained until one day his skills were put to use fighting off invaders coming to seize their village...." Sam went on for a solid few minutes explaining his character's background. He definitely put a lot of thought and care into it. "And after that he became a wandering knight." He finished his explanation and Sebastian and I were awestruck. "Holy shit Sam! That was so sad. His poor mother..." I felt emotionally connected to this fictional woman he had made up. "I bet she was a milf though...." I mumbled quietly and they both burst out laughing.

"Wow after that sad story all you think about is a possible milf..." he gave me a questioning look and a laugh slipped out. "I'm sorry but hear me out- buff woman that forges weapons!" I defended myself between fits of laughter.

"I will not 'hear you out' that woman is dead. Six feet under." He was almost in tears from laughter and Sebastian held back a wheeze.

After a few minutes we all finally calmed down and Sebastian explained his character.

"Dude's father left when he was a kid. His mother died when he was young. An arch mage took the young boy under his wing and taught him magic stuff." His explanation was quick.

"Where's the flavor? The spice? It's a good background for a character, but you have to present it in a more exciting manner." I critiqued and he shrugged. "Eh I'm not good at that type of stuff, plus I just want to start." He replied and I nodded, "Ah, alright."