Awkward and Anxious

Sam slept for a few hours while I quietly cleaned up around the cabin and checked on the chicks. Arson came into the cabin after a few hours. Somehow that cat can open doors, don't ask me how. He hopped onto the bed and looked as if he were about to smack Sam. I rushed over and quickly pulled him away. He growled slightly before walking off towards his food bowl.

Tired after cleaning, I took a seat on my bed. It felt a bit strange having Sam in my bed, but I didn't mind. It would be too weird if I went to sleep too though. I simply sat on the bed and glanced over at Sam every once in a while. To use as possible blackmail I took a picture of him drooling a bit as he slept.

With my eyelids half open I looked at some things on my phone for a while, waiting for him to wake up.

Just when I was about to get up to go to sleep on the floor my body was pulled away from the bed's edge. "Wh-" Before I could even blink Sam's arms were wrapped around me and we were SPOONING?!?!!?

My whole body tensed as my heart rate shot through the roof. Right when I was about to pull his arms off of me, I paused.

I... liked it? No no no. That wasn't the reason, of course not. The reason I didn't pull away was because... Because he would wake up and that would cause even more embarrassment... yea.

Sam's warm body felt like a comfortable blanket on me as I laid there. I was still tense, but slowly my muscles eased into it. My plan was to wait until he woke up and then pretend like I'm sleeping so I didn't know we were 'cuddling'. It was perfect. Foolproof.

As I laid there like that I couldn't help but feel a wave of comfort. There was never really a time where I was this intimate with someone. It felt... amazing.

Sam moved and I thought he was awake, but he just buried his head into my hair. His warm breath hit my neck and sent chills throughout my entire nervous system. "Sam..." I whispered his name as my eyelids began feeling heavier. Eventually they fully closed and I drifted off into sleep.

-------------------------------------

A Heavy weight on my stomach woke me up. I opened my eyes to see Arson walking over me. After a few moments gaining my consciousness I quickly realized, "Sam-" I turned and looked around the small cabin, he was nowhere to be seen.

"Oh..." I sighed before rubbing my forehead. Moving Arson to the side I sat up. "Jeez, how long did I sleep for?" I asked the feline before looking out the window. Based on the amount of sunlight coming in I assumed it was around 5pm. Just to make sure, I searched for my phone in the sheets to check the time. As I had thought, it was 5:23.

Noticing a message from Sam I remembered how I had ended up sleeping in the bed. My face warmed up but I just ignored it and opened his text.

"Hey sorry I left abruptly. You were sleeping still and it was adorable."

Attached to his text was an image of me sleeping like a starfish on the bed. I rolled my eyes at the image before sending him the one I had of him drooling.

"Arson tried to smack the crap out of you lol" I sent the text and then tossed the device to the side.

Since I had taken a long nap I had all this energy to expend before it became dark in order to keep my decent sleep schedule. With that in mind I slipped on some shoes and went out to make sure the chicks were okay. In the back of my mind I was contemplating what to call them.

After I was done with that I made my way to the mines. I thought by spending a few hours mining I would be tired enough to sleep that night.

------------------------------------