I Win!

[Rose's POV]

I couldn't help but burst out in laughter at his question. The way he said it sounded so adorable. Plus, laughing made me feel less flustered.

Obviously my laughter made Sam uneasy and I saw his grin falter slightly.

"Oh- Of course! Sorry Sam, I just didn't expect you to just ask it like that." I quickly stopped my laughter and held his face in my hands. My heart was racing like crazy. Committing to someone like this was both exhilarating and terrifying.

His smile returned quickly, "I love you so much." He whispered those beautiful words before pressing his lips against mine.

Slowly I pulled away after a few moments and he pouted. "It's getting really late, we should head back." I whispered before giving him a quick peck on the cheek. While he sat against the tree trying to compose himself I stood up and stretched my arms out.

My thoughts and heart were racing swiftly as I also tried to comprehend what had happened. I had been faking all that confidence in order to mask my overwhelming emotions. After taking a few deep breaths I turned to see Sam standing up.

It had gotten even darker and Sam pulled out a flashlight from the backpack he had brought. He also pulled out a bag of chips and a water bottle for me. I snacked happily as he led the way.

"We have ice cream stuff at the house if you'd like some." Sam suggested. I finished the water bottle off before answering him, "Ooo what flavor?" I asked eagerly.

"Strawberry and vanilla I think?" He responded with a slight shrug. I grinned happily at the thought of ice cream. It had been a while since I had something sweet.

"Can we play that block game agai-" Before I could finish my sentence I felt the stick I stepped on slide forward. My whole body slipped as I began falling backwards. I tried to save myself by grabbing onto the nearby tree, but it only slowed my descent. Sam reached out to grab me but it was too late.

I had fallen on my ass... in mud. Immediately I let out a loud groan as I felt the mud on my legs. Sam helped me up and I noticed I got some mud on the jacket he let me wear. "Ah shit I'm sorry." I sighed as I looked at the rest of the mud all over my lower half now.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a worried expression as he looked my whole body over. "Yea, I'm fine. I need to go home now though..." I mumbled as I thought about having to leave him. "What? Why?" He looked confused. "To shower?" I reminded him and he took a moment to think. "Just shower at my place!" He suggested with a grin.

After taking a few moments to think about it I nodded "Alright... I guess I could." I faked a look of annoyance and he grinned. "Okay, well let's hurry up so you don't get more dirty." He instructed and I nodded.

The entire way back he had our arms linked together so if I slipped again he would catch me.

---------------------------------

We made it back to the house about a half hour later. Sam showed me how the shower worked before leaving the bathroom. While I showered he was going to find me some clothes for me to wear.

The shower handle squeaked as I turned it on, the water bursting out. After a few seconds of messing around with it, it finally became the perfect temperature. I slipped off my muddy clothes and put them in the bag Sam had told me to. I kept my undergarments out though, so I could put them back on, since no mud got on them.

I stepped into the shower and slid the foggy glass door shut.

Sam had explained to me which bottles of soap to use, so after rinsing off I put some of the shampoo in my hair.