One Two Three

"Sam- you can't be serious." I said with a laugh, thinking this was a joke.

He stared back at me with a completely serious look in his eyes.

"Oh god... really? Now? Here? This is what you want to use that favor on?" I sighed and rubbed the sides of my head. "Yes, it seems like the appropriate moment to cash it in... Soooo, what do you say?" He grinned happily, knowing he had already won.

"Fine... It's only fair I guess." I faked a pout but after seeing his happy smile the frown turned into a grin.

"Wait. I still don't know the dance-" I commented, but Sam had already started to turn around and walk away. Maybe he was going to go tell his friends we would be dancing together?

"I'm sure you'll do great Row! See you in a bit!" He laughed and waved goodbye before walking over to his friends.

"Well this is just great... " I crossed my arms with a slight frown on my lips.

I stood like that for a few moments before remembering Haley's offer. Hopefully she would still be open to teaching me now.

Stepping through the crowd of different people socializing, I made my way over to Haley in the open field.

"Haley!" I called out with a wave. She nodded back at me before finishing the move she was practicing. Once she was done I walked closer. "Hey Rose, come to practice with me?" She asked with a smirk.

"What-? How'd you know?" I asked with a confused expression. "Well earlier Alex overheard Sebastian and Abigail talking about Sam asking the new girl to dance. Plus I was assuming he would ask you eventually and someone would need to teach you the dance. So, let's get started." She explained quickly before clapping her hands as if to say 'let's get moving'.

-------------------------

"It's one two three, not three one two!" Haley reprimanded before adjusting my foot and arm positioning. "I've never danced in my life, give me a break!" I whined but she only shook her head and clicked her tongue.

We continued like that for over an hour and I was starting to get the hang of it. "Okay, that's enough. My work here is done." Haley gave me a thumbs up before turning away. "W-wait!" I called out and she reluctantly turned back to me. "Rose, I have done all that I can. I taught you the basic moves and you know them now. The rest is up to you. Plus I'm in the mood for a drink, so yea." She shrugged before making her way over to the food and drink table.

"This has got to be a big elaborate scheme or some shit..." I mumbled before pulling out my phone. I looked over the pictures I had so far and a slight smile appeared on my face. After sending them to Mae I got up and started wandering around again.

Eventually I made my way over Sam's group and I leaned against the open fence beside Sebastian. "Oh hey Row." Sam smiled at me and I nodded at him. The constant practicing of that dance started to weigh on me a bit. You would think it would have been easy for someone who works on a farm all day, but I guess you aren't using the same muscles.

"Someones tired. Here, I'll get you a drink and something to eat." Sam was already walking towards the food table before I could protest.

After he left there were a few seconds of awkward tension in the air between Sebastian and I, so I spoke up, "Are you participating in the dance as well?"

"Sadly, yes. I've had to participate since I was able to walk." He mumbled before pulling out a flask from his coat. "Oh? What's that?" I asked with a bit of curiosity. "None of your business farmer." He blurted out before quickly adding, "Sorry- Habit. It's just alcohol, helps deal with the embarrassment of the dance." Sebastian sighed before taking a swig from the flask. "Does it actually help?" I asked with interest. "Hm well I mean it helps me so,,," He shrugged before offering the flask to me. "I'm assuming you need some too?" He said with a short and raspy laugh.