Quality Time

The faint sound of birds chirping woke me up. Arson laid beside me purring softly as he slept. With a few nice stretches I pulled myself out of bed. Taking my phone off the charger I turned it on to see a few texts from Sam. They were all from around 2am.

"Hey Row, you up?"

"Wait no, farmers probably have weird sleep schedules."

"Weirdo."

"Well anyways, I was texting you about hanging out like you said before."

"You down to hangout tomorrow- well I guess today since its 1am."

"Maybe we can go skateboarding or jam out or something idk. Whatever we do I'm sure it'll be fun if I'm with you."

"Wait that sounded weird."

"I meant that hanging out with you is fun in general, even if we just sit and talk about random stuff."

"That sounds even weirder. Before I say something else embarrassing I'm gonna go to bed. Sorry."

I laughed at all of the texts he sent. He was probably sleep deprived and that was why his texts were a bit odd towards the end. I typed up a quick response, "Sure, just text me when you wake up :D"

Assuming he would sleep in for a bit, I got to work. I watered my plants and harvested what had finished growing. The scarecrows I had set up seemed to be working since no crows came to steal my crops anymore.

Once I was done I went back inside to fill up Arson's food and water bowls. Then I made myself a quick breakfast of just pop tarts. What can I say, your girl sure does know how to eat healthy.

While I waited for Sam to wake up and answer my text, I got ready. I took another shower since I had gotten muddy outside.

For my outfit I chose to wear black ripped shorts and a band t-shirt. To top off the outfit I put on a maroon beanie. I was trying to have that "skater" aesthetic for if we went skateboarding. Truth be told I had no clue how to skate, but I assumed I would just go and watch Sam do his thing.

It was around 11am when I got a response from Sam.

"Hey sorry I just got up. If you want you can head over rn. Then we can go do something fun."

Texting back immediately I said, "Okay omw :)"

And with that I slipped my shoes on and got ready to leave. As I walked to his house I sent Mae a quick text, "I think everything is going okay with Sam now. He doesn't think I remember the other night so I'm glad. Now I'm gonna go hangout with him :D Have a good rest of your day at work <3"

It took me a few minutes to make my way over to his house. When I made it to the door Vincent was walking out. "Rose! It's been so long." He exclaimed before hugging me tightly. I laughed happily and reciprocated the hug. "Where are you going?" I questioned as I let go, he did the same. "I'm going to the library with Miss Penny and Jas." He answered with a toothy grin. "Oh, sorry to interrupt you then. Go have fun and be safe." I instructed, receiving a nod from the boy. He waved goodbye as he ran over to Penny and Jas standing beside a large tree.

Once Vincent left I went to go and knock on the door. There was no response so I knocked again. Frowning slightly after waiting a few minutes and still no response. Hesitantly I opened the door a crack. "Hello?" I called out into the house. Maybe Sam was busy doing something. I pulled out my phone to text him.

"You home?"

After a bit he texted back, "Yea, just getting ready in the bathroom. You can come in."