Chapter 07: New Members of the Family

Sophia's POV

Today is the Mask Festival Day, here in the middle-class area. I decided to go tonight to gain experiences of this world. I plan to have fun without thinking of any unnecessary things. Deserve ko rin maging masaya bilang ako mismo 'no!

Of course, I brought guards with me since I am not familiar with places here. Hindi naman mahilig maggala si Elizabeth kaya wala akong idea—at saka for security and emergency purposes na rin. Mas okay ang laging handa 'di ba?

For me to not feel lonely, sinama ko na rin si Melrose. We both wear normal clothes and masks to easily blend with ordinary people.

"Sophia, look at those pieces of jewelry!" She gladly introduces to me the accessories na may magagandang designs. I let her take her time to look and decide.

For the first time in this life, I let myself be called by my real name even just for the night.

"What do you think?" she asked me while holding the rose gold necklace with a butterfly pendant.

"Pretty," I said. She smiled then put it back on the display. She is also staring at some accessories but still can't decide what to choose.

"You can have all of those you like. I will buy it for you."

Madali kong nahalata na nahihiya siya. Balak pa sanang tumanggi kaya inunahan ko na. "Kapag grasya hindi dapat tinatanggihan!" I said, laughing as hard as I could.

Natawa rin 'yong nagtitinda sabay sinang-ayunan din ang sinabi ko. "Oo nga naman, iha."

Namula ang buong mukha ni Melrose dahil sa sobrang hiya. "Eh? Lady Eli—hmmp!" Agad kong tinakpan ang bibig niya para mapigilan siyang banggitin ang hindi dapat.

Mahirap na't baka may reporters na nakatago lang sa paligid at mabistong nandito ako. Ayoko ng mga atensyon at panggulo sa kasiyahan ko ngayon.

Binili ko agad 'yong mga nagustuhan niya saka siya hinila para hindi na makapalag.

She looked down. "Sorry, Sophia … ."

I pat her back to cheer her up. Inangat niya 'yong paningin niya para tingnan ang reaksyon ko. Nginitian ko siya para gumaan ang loob niya.

"It's fine," I said before giving her these souvenirs. She gratefully accepted it.

"Anyways, bakit hindi ka pumili ng para sa 'yo?"

"I just don't feel like it," I immediately respond to not raise any suspicions from her. Elizabeth loves cute things, but not me.

Our next stop ay sa food stalls. I invited the guard knights to join us eating barbecues and any kind of street foods at my sight. Ito talaga ang hinahanap-hanap ng panlasa ko. Mas sasarap pa 'to kapag pinares sa beer o kaya gin. Nakaka-miss!

After naming kumain, sinubukan naman namin ang iilang gaming spot. Melrose and I tried to play the darts. Ang target ay ang mismong number ng item na gusto mong makuha. Choose the item, win the game! Melrose played it first but unfortunately, she never gets any of her picks. She pouted and looked disappointed.

"I will win that pink bunny for you," I said full of confidence since I am good at this game. Suki ako ng mga ganito sa peryahan.

In just three shots of my first round, I got all the stuffed toys I chose to win. I give the pink bunny to her then I hold the couple's teddy bear.

"I never knew you had such a talent," she happily said. Lumiwanag na ang mood niya na kanina lang ay malungkot.

"Marami ka pang hindi nalalaman. Gugulatin na lang kit."