Chapter 43: Nukpana

Sophia's POV

She wants me to join the Nukpana. Hindi ako makahanap ng isasagot ko sa alok niya. Don't tell me ... this place is their turf?

"I speculate you heard about us by an inadequate means," she said. "Nukpana is a revolutionary organization that opposes the government, particularly their Feudal system. We are fighting for equal rights."

"I thought you're anti-nobles fractions, where you just kill any nobles that are in your sights?" I asked. 'Yan din kasi ang pagkakaalam ko, ayon sa Beatrice's Love.

They kill any nobles without valid reasons. Sila ang side villain characters na hina-hunting ni Lawrence. By doing so, it becomes the male protagonist's development in the story.

"We kill nobles but for valid reasons. Like they are supervising the slave traders, they are kidnapping people to send to other countries, and other things that violate human rights," she said while grinding her teeth.

"If that's real, why is the Imperial Palace hunting you down?"

Tumayo ito para sumilip sa bintana. Chini-check niya ang auction sa labas. "That's another story. They are chasing us not only because we are opposing their system, but also we do know a lot of their dark side."

Nanatili akong tahimik para pakinggan pa ang mga sasabihin niya.

"There is no place that nice in everything, there are always hidden darkness, na hindi lang nalalaman ng marami. Wala kaming hindi nalalaman," she said.

"Master, they are the ones I found when you asked me to search for an intelligence group before." Rinig kong sabi ni Zero Two sa aking isipan. Hindi ko siya sinagot, hinarap ko ito para siguruhin ang isang bagay.

"Why are you telling me these?"

Humarap ito sa 'kin para sagutin ang tanong ko. "Galing ako sa Staves, para masaksihan ang digmaan na naganap nitong nakaraang linggo. Sa mga cores na dala mo, mayro'ng traces ng mana ang naiwan na may pagkakatulad sa na-detect ko roon sa Diamante Palace."

Biglang humarang sa harap ko si Mileya, itinapat niya ang sandata niya sa manager.

"Then, what are you planning to do now you know who it was?" Mileya asked her with a warning tone.

Hindi siya nagpadala sa banta ni Mileya. "I suspect you obtain an artifact there for you to cause the berserk of your power. I assure you, I do not plan to scheme on you. I just have the idea of who you are," she kneels in front of me, "I am the last descendant of my family. I am an archeologist that seeks to learn the true history of this world."

Hinawakan ko si Mileya para pigilan siya sa ginagawa niya. I gently pull her to my side.

"You may stand up. Tell us what you know about my existence," I said. The way she speaks to me, alam kong alam niya kung sino ako.

Maayos itong tumayo saka kami inalok na maupo sa sofa na makikita sa sulok ng opisina niya. "My family serves a Deity from thousands of years ago, she was the original ruler of the country-Asterin. They didn't know the reason for her sudden death, it was like their memories altered to forget the truth. On the same day she disappeared, the William Royal Family reigned to the throne with the full support from Holy Temple," she said. "Emperor Lorenzo William, the first ruler of the Asterin Empire, confiscated all the information about the Dark Priestess. They set a rule that no one should dare to speak about the goddess, it is considered taboo and treasonous to the Empire."

May kinuha siyang isang lumang libro sa loob ng space bag niya na katulad sa ginagamit ni Klein.

"My great-grandfather has this diary. It implies how humans and other species were free to live together without discrimination. Life under the Dark Priestess' supervision is outstanding and prosperous." Nahinto ang buklat ng pahina niya sa huling parte na may sunog. "I suspect this page contains important details that occur from the past. The only clues I have, there are specific artifacts that she owns. It may be related to forgotten history."

"Do you know where these artifacts are?"

"Besides the artifact you've gotten from the Kingdom of Diamante, there is also one at the Holy Temple. They call it, 'Cup of Life'."

Naramdaman ko ang pag-angat ng mga balahibo ko sa likod ng batok, matapos marinig ang impormasyon na kailangan ko.

"I can not decide for now If I should join your organization. It will depend on how useful you are to me."

"No worries about spilling your tea, I dare not do such a thing. If you want me to swear an oath to God, then I will."

"You don't have to, marami rin akong nalaman tungkol sa 'yo. The most important here ... when do you plan to auction my core crystals?"

Sandali itong nahinto saka natawa. "Those core crystals are the main event for today's auction. There still a lot of items that need to be introduced first before yours. Kung ilalabas na kaagad 'yan sa customers, baka hindi bumenta ang ibang item."

"Magkano ang commission na kukunin ng Black Market sa magiging kabuuang benta ng items ko?"

"Magkaiba ang market value ng fourth level sa fifth level. The minimum agreement for each fourth level is five hundred gold coins. The deal starts in one thousand gold coins for each fifth level. Thirty percent ang commission na kukunin ng Black Market sa magiging total sales ng items mo."

"I see." Tumikhim ako para pigilan ang sarili kong mapangisi.

"Would you like to watch the auction here?" alok nito sa 'min.

"Sure," pagsang-ayon ko.

Kinuha niya ang remote na nakalapag sa ibabaw ng lamesa. Nang pindutin niya ito, may lumabas na screen, nakalutang iyon sa harapan namin. Naka-close up ito sa mismong item na pinapakita.

"Here. You can place your bet if you'd like to participate."

Inabot niya sa 'min ang magical devices kung saan ipi-place 'yong amount na io-offer mo. Kung sino ang may pinakamataas na amount ... doon mapupunta ang item na ipinakita sa auction.

Tahimik akong nanonood sa harap, pero 'yong utak ko lumilipad sa ibang bagay. Nag-iisip na ako ng mga plano para sa susunod kong misyon.