Chapter Eight

"Isabella, Dixie, and Chase".

I gulp as I see Chase look directly at me. The rest of the class scatters to their group and Chase, Dixie and I remain in our seats. 

"alright since your new why don't you pick a song"? Dixie says and I shrug. 

"How about something not to hard like story of my life"? I suggest and Dixie smiles. 

"Yes. Perfect. I love Harry". she giggles and I smile while Chase rolls his eyes. 

"Their gay". he mumbles. 

Dixie slaps Chase on the shoulder and he says "ow" and rubs his shoulder. She didn't even hit him that hard. 

"Alright. I'll head to library to print out our copies and since Isabella picked the song and I'm printing out copies Chase you can figure out who's singing what part". Dixie says and I nod while Chase shrugs. 

"I'd rather go dig a hole". he mumbles and Dixie groans. 

"Chase what is your problem. You've been pissy all week. Where were you last week. The first week back is always important". 

"My dad fucking died. There I told you. Are you happy"! Chase yells, proceeding to storm out the classroom. 

Dixie sighs. 

"I'll go check on him later". she mumbles. 

"I'm going to go grab the copies". she says softly, walking out the door leaving me by myself. 

I walk around the music room and in the piano room I hear a girls voice singing. I look through and I see a girl my age playing piano singing peacefully. I open the door slightly to hear more clearly. 

"Oh I'm trying, Give me a reason, to let you go 'cause, Right now I can't, I'm in pain".

"I didn't mean to eavesdrop but you have an incredible voice". I say smiling and she stops playing the piano and turns around. 

"Thanks. I heard you earlier you have a unique voice". She says smiling, proceeding to hold out her hand. 

"Nessa". 

"Isabella". I say shaking her hand. 

"Senior"? I ask and she shakes her head. 

"Sophomore. You're a freshman I take it"? 

I nod and she nods her head. 

"By the way I would be careful with Chase". she says softly. 

"What do you mean"? 

"He doesn't do relationships so be careful". she says and I give her a confused look. 

"How do you know"? 

"I used to date him. We were in love but out of no where he left without a a trace of goodbye. week after he was dating another girl and ever since then he's just done the same thing. Once he gets what he wants whether it be to get in your pants or just steal your heart he leaves. He knew I fell hard for him and once he was done with his game he stopped playing". she says leaning against the piano, taking  a swig from her water bottle.

"Why did you tell me that"? 

"I see the way you look at him. It's the same way I met him. He was a mystery and once I found out more about him I slowly began to notice the small things. It led up to my heart getting broken so I'm just looking out for you girl. Be careful". Nessa says, walking out the room without saying another word.

Chase can't be a bad person can he? He seemed so nice. Sure he was a mystery but he seemed like a person who's heart had been broken and he was scared for someone to heal it. 

I walk out the room into the music room to see Dixie already back and looking at the papers. I wanted to find Chase so I excused myself from the classroom and ventured around Campus to find Chase and to my surprise it wasn't that hard. 

He was sitting against a tree by himself.

"You Okay"? I ask, walking slowly up to him and he has his knees up close to his head and when he hears me approach he looks up. 

"Not to to be rude but what do you want"? he asks and I sit next to him. 

"I just wanted to make sure you were alright". I say softly and he shrugs. 

"why do you care about me? You don't know me". 

"Your right. I don't know you but I want to get to know you". I say and he furrows his eyebrows. 

"why"? 

"because your like a mystery. It's interesting". I say and he sighs. 

"You need to stay away from me". he says, sounding slightly angry. 

"why. You don't seem like a bad person". 

"I am. You just don't know yet". 

"No. I know you a little and so far your nice. I don't see what the problem is". 

"Just go before you get hurt". he says coldly. 

"I-". I start to say but I don't finish as I look at his cold expression on his face.

I get up and as I'm walking away I hear him say something. I turn around and he looks at me. 

"did you say something"? I ask and he shakes his head. 

I sigh, walking back to the music room with my head down low. 

Why is he such a mystery?