Chapter Thirty Seven

It was Christmas day and I was beyond excited. 

I had Chase's gift nicely wrapped already. I showed his mom and she absolutely loved the idea. I also had another gift planned, but that wasn't until later.

It was currently 8 in the morning and I was helping Tam Tam prepare breakfast for Chase, Tom, herself, and I. Chase was sound asleep in his room. 

"Alright. All done. Could you go wake Chase up sweetie?" Tam asks and I nod my head lightly, going upstairs to wake Chase up. 

"Chase, wake up", I say, shaking him lightly. 

"Hmm", he groans. 

"It's Christmas babe. Wake up", I giggle as he pulls me in for a hug. 

"I don't want to get up", he groans again. 

"Your mom and I made food", I say and he smiles slightly, attempting to get up. 

I get out of his grip as he stops me. 

"Wait", he says frantically. 

"Merry Christmas" he whispers, pulling me in for a kiss. 

"Merry Christmas. Now hurry and get up so we can eat", I say walking out the room as he smiles. 

About 5 minutes later Chase comes downstairs in cute Christmas pajamas. Its a red shirt with Grinch pajama bottoms.

"Merry Christmas sweetheart" his mom says as Chase sits down next to me.

We all eat breakfast while we laugh and talk about things from when we were younger. 

"Alright, are you two ready for your gifts. I can't wait", his mom beams with a smile as Chase and I both look at each other, nodding. 

Chase's mom hands us both a small gift bag, Chase and I both open it smiling. 

It was a phone case, Chase's had funny photos of me that he had taken a long time ago. Mine had funny photos of Chase when he was little. 

"This is so cute, thank you", I smile as she claps her hands. 

"I love it mom", Chase smirks, putting it on his phone and so do I. 

"Here's mine to you", I say, handing Tamora a gift bag. 

She opens it and almost tears up when she sees it. 

"this is gorgeous", she smiles, holding it up for Chase to see. 

It was a picture of her and her mom. I drew it when she showed me the picture of them the other day. 

"How did you-?" Chase starts to say before I hug him. 

"I used the picture from your office and drew it when you were sleeping", I giggle. 

"this is amazing sweetheart. I didn't know you could draw so well", Tam Tam exclaims, giving me another hug as I smile. 

"Thank you. I'm glad you like it", I smile.

"I love it".

"Now it's my turn", Chase smiles, handing his mom a small gold box. 

She opens it and it appears to be  small gold butterfly necklace. 

"Dad wanted to give it to you on your wedding night, but he lost it. When I turned 13 he found it and gave it to me to hold on too", chase says as tears start coming down her cheek.

"Thank you sweetheart", she says, hugging her son. 

"Your turn Mr. Hudson", I smirk. 

I hand him a bottle of cologne and a small blue bear.