Chapter Thirty Six

"BELLA!"

I stir in my sleep, rolling over to Chase's eyes meeting mine. 

I slowly open my eyes to see we were still in the car. 

"W-what happened?" I muttered. 

"You don't remember? We ate our food and while I payed for the check you got a phone call. You told me what your father said so I finished paying and now we're home", Chase says softly. 

"Wait, so my mom having Cancer. That wasn't a dream was it...", I say on the verge of tears. 

"I'm afraid it wasn't sweetheart", Chase sighs, getting out of the car. 

I get out of the car and walk to the front door, waiting for Chase to unlock it. 

As soon as we walk in I see Chase's mom sitting in the living room watching tv. 

"Hi sweetie". she greets me as I give her a small wave. 

"I'm going to go take a shower", I tell Chase as he smiles lightly, nodding his head. 

He opens his arms as I give him a small hug and he gives me a small kiss on the forehead.

I got to my suitcase and turn on the hot water, letting it run down my back. 

I sing softly as I run the puff up and down my arms. 

"I'm the bad guy, and your America's sweetheart", I mumble. 

After I'm done with my mini concert, I get out the shower, throwing on my pj's, then head into the room where I see Chase on the bed laying there. 

"I heard you singing my song", he mumbles as I jump slightly. 

"Sorry, it's kind of catchy", I laugh slightly. 

"you sounded good. Ever thought of becoming a singer?" he asks as I walk over to the bed, sitting down. 

"No not really. I just do it when I'm in the shower", I shrug. 

"I wanna show you something", he says, walking over to his suitcase, taking out a book. It looks like a song book. 

He sits back on the bed and opens his book up. 

I was right. It was a song book. 

"I wrote this song, but it has two parts to it. Want to duet this with me for the showcase?" 

"what showcase?" 

"There's a showcase the school has every year. They have people around the school duet with someone or they could sing by themselves. Long story short the 1st place winner gets like $500. The second place winner gets 300 and the third place winner gets 100", Chase explains. 

"I would, but I'm not a professional singer", I laugh. 

"c'mon let's just try it", Chase says smiling. 

"I guess", I mumble. 

Chase starts to hum and then starts to sing. 

You showed up in a black veil

A black dress

I left you black roses on your steps

I guess the last kiss was the kiss of death

Now you're dead to me, and it's R.I.P

Here lies all of the lies

And all of the pain that I buried inside (Oh, oh)