Chapter Twenty Five

Christmas break. I was scared yet interested in how these two weeks would go. 

I was currently packing for my trip with Chase while Charlotte laid in her bed, doing her nails. 

"So, your going through with this"? Charlotte asks, as I add my last items to my suitcase.

"I mean yeah Char. It can't be that bad. Besides, he helped me with my situation so the least I can do is help him". 

"Have fun". Charlotte mumbles. 

"Thanks". I laugh slightly, grabbing suitcase, walking out the dorm and down to the administrative office. 

Waiting inside the office is Chase, grinning ear to ear with his suitcase beside him. 

"Hey". I smile. 

"Hey beautiful". he says and I blush hard. 

"Let's get going we have a long two weeks ahead of us". Chase says, winking as we walk out to his car. 

As soon as we get into the car Chase turns on music and he hums softly to the songs. 

"Can I hear your song"? 

"What was that"? he asks, turning down the music. 

"Can I hear your song"? 

"which one"? 

"You have a couple"? 

"Yeah, this is my favorite one". he mumbles softly, putting in a cd. 

"What is this one called"? 

"America's Sweetheart". he says, turning it up.  

I listen to the lyrics as Chase softly sings along. 

"You have a really good voice". I compliment as he starts singing into the chorus. 

"I don't really give a shit if you stay, I don't really give a shit if you go". 

I listen carefully to the lyrics and I kind of feel bad for him. 

"what inspired you to write this song"? I ask once he's done singing. 

"A lot has happened to me in the past and music is a good way that I cope with it". he says softly. 

"How long have you been writing"? 

"Since I was 8". 

"that's a long time". I giggle slightly and he chuckles. 

"Yeah, my grandma was my biggest supporter. She even got me my own karaoke machine and sometimes she would sit in her living room while I sang to her". 

"What was your go too song"? 

"If I tell you, you cant make fun of me".

"I won't". I smile. 

"Promise"? 

"I Promise". 

"Bohemian Rhapsody". 

I burst into a small fit of laughter and he rolls his eyes. 

"I thought you weren't going to laugh". 

"I'm sorry". I giggle and he gives me a confused look. 

"What is wrong with that song"? 

"Nothing. I just never thought of you to be the person who listened to stuff like that". I shrug. 

"Excuse me? What is that supposed to mean"? 

"I don't know. You seem more into rock". I shrug.