Chapter Forty Four

I awake to see the bright sun shining through my windows.

I roll over to see the time. It's 9:00. Shit, I'm late for class.

I get out of Chase's grip and start to move around the room, hearing a groan moments later.

"What time is it?" Chase asks.

"9:00, I'm late for my first class", I mumble, shuffling quickly around the room.

"Babe, calm down", Chase laughs.

"I'm not going to calm down Chase. It's my first day back and I'm already late", I groan, throwing a shirt over my head, afterwards pulling up a pair of jeans that I found.

"What class is it?" Chase asks.

"English".

"Wait, I think I have English too, what class?" Chase asks, getting up out of bed, walking over to me.

"Mr. Holder", I say as he smiles.

"Me too, cmon, let's go", he says as I finish my hair.

"Aren't you going to change?" I ask as he shrugs.

"It's fine".

I shrug and grab my bag, then we both head downstairs.

We rush through the crowd of people finally making it to the classroom.

Chase opens the door as I walk in then after me Chase comes in.

"Ah, hopefully you two didn't forget your books this time", the professor says jokingly as Chase lightly chuckles.

Chase and I then take a seat as the professor starts to talk.

Chase and I are taking notes when the door opens.

Walking in is Vincent.

You have got to be kidding me.

"What is he doing here?" I whisper to Chase as he shrugs.

Vincent talks to the teacher, then walks up to where Chase and I are sitting.

"What are you doing here?" I whisper.

"I need to talk to you after class", Vincent mumbles, as Chase and I give him a look.

"I'm going with you", Chase whispers as I nod.

"Ms. Blaine", the professor says eying me as I apologize silently, staying quiet the rest of class.

Once the bell rings Chase and I follow Vincent back to his dorm room.

"Okay, now that we're here can you explain?" I ask as Vincent nods.

"I need to warn you two about something. Isabella do you know Charlie?"

"Yes, but the only thing I really remember of her was how she knocked me down my first day here", I say as Vincent nods.

"Well, she's super dangerous. You need to be careful", Vincent says as Chase and I both give each other confusing looks.

"What do you mean she's dangerous?" I ask but Vincent looks around the room.

"I can't say. Just be careful", he sighs.

"Thank you for warning us, but why are you helping us?" I ask as he shrugs.

"I don't know. We got off on the wrong foot and I felt bad. I thought you should know, but I got to get ready for my next class I'll see you guys around", he says as Chase and I walk out the door.

"That was weird", Chase mumbles as we walk through the campus.

"It sure was. Why would she be dangerous?" I ask.

"I don't know. We should listen to what Vinnie said and be careful", Chase says, looking around.

"Why should we listen to him? He raped me Chase. I don't know if I should believe someone who did that", I scoff as he sighs. 

"Cmon Bella that was 3 years ago. It's your senior year. You were a freshman ", Chase says as I roll my eyes.

"Whatever I'm not even going to argue with you, when's your next class?" I ask as we walk through the halls towards my dorm.

"3:45 what about you".

"I have mine at- Oh my god!" I scream, looking on the piece of paper stuck on my dorm room door.

It was bloody and the handwriting said:

"I'm his America's Sweetheart. Watch your back".