Chapter Thirteen

"thanks for having me over". I say smiling as Maria gives me a hug.

"Anytime. Your welcome over again I loved having you". she exclaims and I blush at her comment while Vinnie smiles. Him and I haven't spoken since yesterday morning when Chase told Vincent's mom about what happened.

"I love you sweetheart. Will I see you during Christmas"? 

"Yes mom of course". Vincent smiles, giving her a hug. 

Vincent and I grab our things and we start to head off. 

"Babe". Vincent calls out to me but I ignore him looking out the window. 

"Babe. I'm sorry". He says and I scoff. 

"I lied for you and all you can say is sorry"? I ask angrily and he huffs. 

"You raped me Vincent. I lied for you and I let Chase down".

"Why does it matter if you let Chase down. It's not like your dating him. Your dating me". 

I suddenly get angry because now he's acting as if its my fault. 

"Vincent I know I'm not dating him but still. He's my friend". I say and Vincent scoffs. 

"chase doesn't have any friends. He's a heartless monster who couldn't give a fuck about anyone's feelings". 

"Vinnie-". I start to say but he stops the car on the side of the street and huffs. 

"You know what if you want to keep defending the poor ass loser who's heartless than go ahead. You can get out and find a way to your parents house". 

"Are you sure your not the heartless monster"? I mumble, getting out of the car and he opens the trunk for me. I grab my suitcase and sit on the side of the road looking for who to call. 

I could call my mom but then she would get upset at me for not only getting a boyfriend and not telling her but also because I was raped which clearly wasn't my fault. 

I get a text message from Chase. 

Chase: hey you alright?

Me; Yeah I'm fine how do you know what happened? 

Chase: it's chase. Do you need a ride?

Me: uh yeah sure. I'm not to far from the house only a couple blocks away I think. 

Chase: alright send me the address

Me: 12673 sway lane

Chase: K thanks. Omw.

I sit in relief knowing that I can make it to my parents house and not speak of Vinnie. 

I sit on my phone playing angry bird while waiting for Chase and soon I see his tesla rolling around the corner.

He stops by me and I get up, he opens the trunk and I throw my luggage in there. 

I get in the passengers seat and he doesn't say anything to me, he just drives.

He clears his throat soon after breaking the awkward silence. 

"How did you know I was here"?

"Vincent texted me". he says lowly and I nod, looking out the window.

Well at least Vincent somewhat cared. 

"Why do you care"? I ask and Chase furrows his eyebrows, then looks towards me. 

"what do you mean why I do I care. No one said I did". he mutters coldly and I look away. 

"Well, if you didn't care then why did you feel the need to pick me up". I ask and he huffs. 

"You ask so many damn questions and If you must know why I'm doing this it's because I'm just doing a kind gesture that doesn't mean that I care". 

"You don't have to be so rude you know. I've done nothing too you". I say before he goes to say something but holds it back, turning on music. 

The rest of the way is silent besides the soft music playing in the background. 

Once we arrive to my parent's house, Chase get's out the car and I give a confused look as he takes out my suitcase beginning to walk up the walkway. 

"are you coming"? 

"Uh yeah. Your coming with me"? 

"I'm not just going to speed off. I know I'm a dick but I'm not that mean". he says and I shrug walking up with him, ringing the doorbell. 

The door is immediately answered and standing there is my parents.

"Hi Sweetie, we've missed you so much"! My mom says excitedly and gives me a tight hug. 

"Hi mom and dad". I say and they both squeeze me until my dad pulls away realizing Chase was standing there awkwardly. 

"Oh hi, we're Isabella's parents you must be-"? 

"Chase. Chase Hudson". he says kindly, shaking their hand. 

"Hi Chase". my dad smiles and then looks at me confused.

"You must be her boyfriend". My mom says excitedly and Chase looks at me and I give him a look, mouthing the word 'sorry'. He turns his attention back to my mom and smiles. 

"Yes. Yes I am". 

My stomach and mind do flips and turns as I try to comprehend why Chase just told my mother we were dating. 

"ah well come on in". My mom says as my dad smiles, grabbing my luggage. 

"Chase what about your suitcase"? I ask and he laughs, proceeding to walk out the door and I follow him. 

"what the hell is wrong with you"! I whisper shout and he chuckles, grabbing his bag from the back seat.

"Calm down". he mutters. 

"I will not calm down until you tell me why did you just tell my mom you were dating me"? 

"Chill. It's only for the weekend. Just trust me. You'd rather them think I was your boyfriend then Vinnie right"? Chase asks and I nod, he smiles knowing he was right. 

"Just for this weekend". I say and he nods as we then Head back in the house. 

"You can go show Chase where he'll be staying sweetie, dinner should be done soon". my mom says and I smile, as I walk upstairs Chase follows me. 

"this is the guest room it's right next door to mine so If you need something just tell me". I say and he nods, looking around the room. 

"is this you"? he asks holding up a baby picture of me. 

"yes. Now can you give that back". I say trying to grab it but he holds it above his head and my short self can't reach it.

I continue to jump and thanks to be clumsy I fall on top of Chase, as he lands on the bed and we lay there for a moment looking into each others eyes. 

There's a knock on the door that scares us, causing me to quickly get off his chest and he clears his throat. 

"Dinners ready". I hear my dad say and I quickly head downstairs, flushed from the moment that just happened.