Chapter Fifteen

"Hey, Bella do you know where the Toilet paper is"?! I hear Chase yell as I finish brushing my teeth. 

"Yeah". I say, grabbing a roll of toilet paper, walking to the guest room.

I knock on the bathroom door and he opens it with nothing but basketball shorts on and nothing else. 

I stare at him for a little too long causing him to lightly chuckle.

"Like what you see"? 

"Um..". I hesitate to say anything as he steps closer to me. It gets harder to breath once his face is close to mine. 

"Your cute". he whispers before pulling away, walking out of the room leaving me speechless.

I smile before heading back into my room, changing into my pajamas and getting in my bed. 

I put on my reading glasses and start to read Romeo and Juliet when I hear a small knock on my door. 

I look up to see Chase standing against my door frame smirking. 

"O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo". Chase says, beginning to burst out in laughter and so do I. 

"I didn't know you read Shakespeare". I say and he comes and sits next to me.

"I don't but that's a common phrase especially coming from this book". he points out and I nod.

"thank you". I say softly and Chase furrows his eyebrows. 

"for what"? 

"For 'pretending' to date me. My mom seems proud of me". I lightly laugh. 

 "she's proud of you for getting a boyfriend"? 

"well yeah I mean, I was never the type to date in high school". 

"why"? 

"boys were too immature. No one really liked me either because they thought I was boring". I muttered. 

"Your not boring. Your just plain". Chase says and I give him a glare. 

"What"? 

"what do you mean what? One minute you act so nice and sweet the next minute your an asshole who has no feelings". I say angrily and he laughs. 

"Chill. It was only a joke". 

I roll my eyes and he sighs. 

"I'm sorry". 

"It's fine". I mutter. 

I look at the time and notice it was 11:00. 

"I should be heading to bed I'll see you in the morning". I say and Chase huffs, getting up from the bed. 

"Goodnight Bella". 

"Goodnight Chase". 

"Oh and Bella"? 

"Hm"? 

"You might be plain but I like plain". Chase says before walking out of my room leaving me yet confused, but heartfelt. 

The next morning I wake up to laughing in the kitchen. I throw on a hoodie and head downstairs to see Chase and my mom in the kitchen laughing while Chase cooks breakfast. 

"Good morning sweetie how was your sleep"? 

"Fine mom, what's so funny"? I ask and that's when they both fall into laughter again.

"your mom was telling me about her days in high school". Chase says, flipping a pancake over. 

"I was telling him how your father hated me at first and then we fell in love". my mom said and I began to thought of what my music professor told me that day.