Chapter Ten

Thanksgiving break. I was kind of excited but also scared shitless. It had been 3 months since I had seen my parents in person. I've seen them over facetime but it isn't the same. Charlotte is going to her parents house for thanksgiving break out in Hawaii and of course Sebastian is tagging along with her since he's her brother. I haven't really spoken to chase since last month so I wouldn't know what he would be doing. Vinnie is tagging along with me to meet my parents. That's why I'm scared. Vinnie and I just started dating 3 weeks ago and it's been going well. He's a complete gentleman. Vinnie suggested we meet his parents first and then mine which I happily obliged to. 

"So Have a Nice break and I'll see everyone in a week". The professor says before the bell rings and everyone departs, ready to leave campus for this week. 

Vinnie and I hold hands as we walk to the front gate, suitcases in hand. I bump into someone on the way out to the parking lot and I notice it's chase. 

"oh sorry chase". 

"watch out". he mumbles, looking down not noticing it's me who bumped into him and once he notices he says "sorry". 

"wait are you two a thing"? he asks and Vinnie smiles, nodding and holding my hand tighter. 

"Congratulations I guess". Chase mumbles before walking off angrily. 

"he's just angry because he hasn't found himself a wonderful girlfriend like you". Vinnie cheekily says and I smile, kissing his cheek. 

"you ready"? 

"yeah". I smile as we get into the car and head to his parents house first. 

Once we get there I look nervous and Vinnie Laughs. 

"No need to be scared babe". 

"I know but what if your parents don't like me". I say and he rubs my back. 

"you'll be fine". he reassures me, grabbing my luggage from the car. 

We get to the red door and he knocks and rings the doorbell and a middle aged woman in what looks like her mid 30's answer. 

"Hi sweetie". she exclaims, pulling him in for a tight hug. 

"Hi mom". he giggles like a small kid who's just gotten candy. 

"Aw and you must be Vinnies gorgeous girlfriend that he's been bragging about". his mom says smiling, holding out her hand. 

"Hi I'm Maria". she smiles as I shake her hand. 

"Isabella". 

"oh what a gorgeous name. Oh here, you two come in. Dinners almost ready so you can get situated upstairs and come right down for dinner". Maria says and Vinnie leads me upstairs to his room. 

His room has what any other teenage boy would've had in his room. Posters, magazines, a bed, desk, and a closet.

"I'll unpack you can go downstairs and wait the rest of the fam". he says smiling and gives me a peck before I head downstairs.

I sit at the table while Maria comes in and out dropping stuff off on the table. The doorbell then rings and I hear fumble in the kitchen. 

"Can you be a dear and get that for me Isabella". she says I give her an okay before going to open the door. 

There at the door is Chase. 

"Chase"? 

"hey". he says, walking in. 

"Chase! Hi dear". Maria says excitedly, going to hug him and she looks at me afterwards. 

"Oh chase this is-". 

"I know. Isabella". he says and Maria looks confused. 

"Oh how do you two know-". 

"she's Vinnie's incredible girlfriend isn't she"? Chase says in almost a sarcastic sound like tone. 

Vinnie comes downstairs and notices Chase and smiles. 

"hey Cousin". 

Wait their cousins...

"Shut up and go hang out with your girlfriend". chase mumbles angrily, before walking into the dining room area. 

A few minutes later a few more people arrive and now we're eating dinner while Vinnie talks to his father about some business stuff. 

Once we're all stuff Chase goes off somewhere quietly while Vinnie and I help his mom with dishes then head up to his room. 

He closes his door and locks it while I take a breather on his bed. 

"You know we've been dating for a while I think it's time we do something". 

"oh you mean like a date"? 

He sits on the bed and pulls me into his lap. 

"uh I'm not r-ready". I stutter and he laughs. 

"babe. did you think you had choice? we're together so therefore I feel like we should get closer". he mumbles, unbuttoning my pants. 

"Vincent s-stop". 

"that's not my name babe". he mumbles sliding my shirt off but I try to get out his grip, i fail miserably. He throws me on the bed and as he's about to lunge on me like I'm his prey I'm able to escape. 

I get out his room and run into a random room that chase happens to be in. He's out on the balcony smoking a cig and I run to him. 

He notices my frantic look and pulls me in for a hug. 

"what happened"? 

"V-Vinnie tried t-t-to r-rape me". I say, starting to cry. 

"shh it's okay". Chase whispers, running his fingers through my hair and rubs my back. 

If only I was his. My life would be so much different...