Chapter Forty Two

"Bella! You ready?" My dad asks me as I get the last of my things together.

"Yes I'm coming dad!" I shout, making my way downstairs.

"Call me if you need anything okay", my dad assures me, kissing my forehead as I nod.

"I will Dad. I love you. Thank you for everything", I smile, giving him a big hug.

Today was my official first day back to college, the only thing was it was my senior year. I had started out as freshman. Once my mom passed away I began to be homeschooled.

It wasn't that bad, but I felt the need to go back at least my last year. That means I would be seeing Charlotte and all of the others, well some. Charlotte I would most definitely see. Sebastian I wouldn't. Avani I would see, but Dixie I don't think so. Luckily Chase wouldn't be there either. He graduated last year.

I haven't talked to him since everything went down that day at my mothers funeral. 

I wondered how he was at times, but then I pushed it to the back of my mind because it wasn't healthy. 

I went to a therapist for a while to deal with the trauma from my moms death and the whole thing that happened with Chase. 

It helped slightly, but I still had those nights where I would wake scared that  it would happen all over again. 

"Bella!" I hear my dad shout, interrupting my thoughts. 

"Yeah", I mumble. 

"You sure you'll be okay?" 

"Yeah dad. I'll be okay. I'll call you once I'm there. I love you and tell Uncle Sam I love him too", I say as he smiles, giving me one last hug. 

I get into my car and take one last look at my dad before smiling, driving off. 

Once I get to the college I smile. I notice all the small parts of the campus Sebastian, the group and I would hang out.

I grab my suitcases and make way to my new dorm room. Room 38 A. 

I walk in and take a whiff of the new room smell. I chose to be in a dorm room by myself, just incase the new one would be like Charlotte. I didn't need that again. She was a horrible influence on me as well as a horrible friend. 

Once I'm settled in I lay on bed in relief. My phone vibrates and I groan, looking at the caller ID.

It was Chloe.

"Hey Chloe", I say, sitting up on my bed. 

"Hey girlie, have you settled in yet?" she asks. 

"Yeah I just got in my room", moments after I say that I hear a knock on my door. 

"One second", I say before getting up and walking over to the door. 

I open it and it's Chloe. 

"AHHHHH!" I scream as she squeals, giving me a hug. 

"I can't believe you came all the way out here!" I say smiling as she walks in the room.

"Yeah, Nick and I thought it would be a good idea to come see you, he also wanted to visit Ch-", she starts to say before she sees my face and she hesitates. 

"Oh, yeah", I mumble, sitting on the bed.  

"Yeah, how are you holding up babe?" she asks, rubbing my back. 

"Yeah, it's been 2 years Chloe. I'm over it", I say, reassuring her as she smiles. 

"well, I'm glad your over it. He wasn't all that anyway", she giggles as I laugh. 

"Nick wanted to know if you wanted to come to lunch with us?" Chloe says, looking down at her phone. 

"Yeah, why not. I haven't seen him in a while", I shrug. 

"Alright, well lets go", she says smiling. 

I follow her out the room, downstairs into the main lobby. 

I see Nick standing there on the phone with someone, Chloe and I walk over to him and he smiles at both us, waving. 

He says something then hangs up the phone. 

"My friend is joining us, I hope you two don't mind", Nick says as Chloe and I look at each other. 

"No not at all", I say smiling. 

We then stand there for a minute or so until Nick starts to smiling, while looking outside. 

"There he is", he says, beaming with a huge smile. 

I look up to seeing the one person I was trying to avoid the whole time. 

"C-Chase" I breath out. 

"Hey", he says softly. 

"Nick, can I talk to you for a second?" I ask and he nods while Chloe gives him a death glare. 

"Uh, yeah", Nick says as I take him over to the side. 

"Why'd you bring Chase?" I ask frantically as he sighs. 

"He still loves you", he whispers. 

"Nick, he used me. I don't know if you remember but he made an absolute fool out of me", I sigh. 

"Bella, that was two years ago. Aren't you over it?" 

"O-over it? How could I be over that Nick. He used me and lied", I say angrily. 

"Just, be friends with him I guess", Nick shrugs. 

I huff angrily, walking back to Chase and Chloe. 

"Ready for lunch?" Chloe asks as I take a glance at Chase. 

"Yeah..", I say softly. 

When I looked into Chase's blue eyes I realized that I was still in love with him...